We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to travel from panama city to Boquete?

Which Boquete hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
valparaiso, indiana
reviews: 1
how to travel from panama city to Boquete?

we plan on spending a week in panama city next month, january, 2012, and then would like to spend a few days in Boquete. what are our options for travel between the two cities, either by air or land? how many miles/hours is the trip, cost of air vs renting a car or cab, a bus option, road conditions, etc, any advise would be appreciated.

thank you,

david and linda

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 78
1. Re: how to travel from panama city to Boquete?

Not much in that time frame, I would suggest seeing the Canal, Casco Viejo one day. Perhaps Gamboa for the Monkey tour or other tours they offer. Here is a link to activities, tours available that are popular with travelers.

Things to do - tours in Panama - attractions.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294480-Activiti…

Consider the Bus to El Valle - easy and cheap, stay over a couple of nights.

Perhaps one or two days visiting the Pacific beach area, Santa Clara area.

Research on here as there is much printed here regarding things to do in each place. Above forums page, see blanks where you can post what you are searching for and there are pages and pages on all. This may help you with your trip: Also this may help you as a new poster.........................

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294479-i1193-k188…

I see you mentioned Boquete, you can take a 12 hour bus ride, and then another bus to Boquete (an hour). Yes you can also fly, it is not inexpensive to do so...........I don't think in this time frame of a week (without packing and traveling constantly) Boquete is not possible on this trip, in my opinion.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294480-i1194-k494…

Edited: 11:24 am, December 04, 2011
Cape Canaveral...
reviews: 125
2. Re: how to travel from panama city to Boquete?

I agree. Boquete is at least 6 hours by car and should be saved for another trip. There is plenty to see and do in a week around the city.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
reviews: 11
3. Re: how to travel from panama city to Boquete?

I'll play devil's advocate. Frankly, I think two days in the city is plenty enough. On day 1 you can see the Canal, Casco Viejo and either Panama Viejo or Soberania Park very easily. Those are the major attractions.

On day 2, fly to David and rent a car and drive to Boquete. You can be in Boquete in time for lunch. Spend a couple of days in and around Boquete and come back to Panama on day 5. Again, you can be in Panama in time for lunch and time to drive to either El Valle (more mountains) or maybe spend the night at Gamboa and see a little more of the "low country," or just stay in the city. Day 6, see a little of the Canal Zone or El Valle or pick up whatever you missed around the city and do some shopping. If you go to El Valle or Gamboa, return to the city for a last night out, have dinner on Amador (strictly for the view) and Day 7 you're on your way back home.

Check Aeroperlas for flights and rates from Panama to David. It's always best to book morning flights on Panama's regional airlines. If there are going to be weather problems or delays, they tend to be in the afternoon.

4. Re: how to travel from panama city to Boquete?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 25, 2012