We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

Which Montelimar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
reviews: 7
Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

We will be at Montelimar in October 2008. Can anyone recommend a reliable source of transportation from the Managua airport to Montelimar?

Nicaragua
reviews: 46
1. Re: Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

dpack,

For all types of request email rodolfonicaragua@hotmail.com

Neenah, WI
2. Re: Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

We will be in Montelimar on Oct 7th and are also curious about transportation from the airport. Have you gotten any leads on this yet? Is this your first trip to Nicaragua?

Canada
reviews: 15
3. Re: Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

We used Orotravel for both transfers and tours. They are very prompt and reliable. We were able to arrange the transfer by email and tours by phone once we arrived. Payment can be made by credit card in advance by faxing your credit card info or phoning with your info - we used the latter.

Neenah, WI
4. Re: Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

Thanks for the info....do you recall the cost each way?

Canada
reviews: 15
5. Re: Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

The cost was 67.50 USD return per person for a total of 135 USD for two people. The individual I dealt with can be reached at gonzalo@orotravel.com. I was able to deal with him by both email and phone, having telephoned my credit card information as opposed to faxing it as they require full payment in advance. We also used them for several tours, including a one day tour to Ometepe Island which required a very early morning pick-up (4:30!). They were always very reliable and we were very pleased with all the services they provided.

Switzerland
reviews: 1
6. Re: Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

We travelled with a company called Nicaragua Adventures two months ago, they offer private transportation and also shared shuttles to several places in Nicaragua. They were always on time, our driver Anthony was friendly, safe and helpfull even with his limited language skills. They also drove us to the airport from Granada , we were a little worried as we had an early flight but it all went perfect. We found that to be a reasonnable way to travel around and it worked perfectly. I heard other companies do that too, but I'd recommend the one I used as we haven't tried the other one(s) soi can't say how is their service! You can contact Peter there.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 87
7. Re: Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

I would check out Paxeos. They have a website at www.paxeos.com and when I used them last year had very good service. They were responsive to my emails, use decent and air-conditioned vans, and were always on time as promised at reservation. As far as rates, they were reasonable to what I would expect scheduled, semi-private service would be (they may pick up reservations along the way, but otherwise don't make stops. It would be other tourists if they make pickups). You can email them for a quote.

Switzerland
reviews: 1
8. Re: Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

As I said earlier, we used Nicaragua Adventures as we felt confident to book with them, after we could check that they have been in business for 9 years and they sent us several links of good int'l press and articles in guidebooks about them, and we were satisfied with their door to door service. If someone was happy with an other company (Pacxeos) it means there is competition there, a good thing as one of the issues when travelling in Latin America is to find good service as many companies have just no or too little competition, you can feel that in the service you get many times!

9. Re: Can you recommend a shuttle or transportion service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 08, 2010