We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for a special day.

Which Swakopmund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Witbank, South...
reviews: 29
Ideas for a special day.

I am doing this kind of the wrong way around, but hey, that's me!

We will be visiting Namibia in September, and Dear Wife's birthday will be celebrated on a Sunday in Swakopmund.

What can I do to make that a very special day? We are not really adventure seekers, so skydiving, bungi jumping and those things are not high on our priority list. And, alas!, the ballon flight may be too expensive.

Second question: which restaurant should we consider? She loves seafood, but we really enjoy all kinds of food.

Thank you.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 199
1. Re: Ideas for a special day.

Why not arrange a boat out into the Bay to see Seals and maybe Dolphins and Whales?

Champagne lunch on board with Walvis Bay Oysters as part of the package.

Several Operators. If you pocket is deep enough you could charter your own.

Eating in the evening? My choice would not be for a special so I leave it to the Expert.

Witbank, South...
2. Re: Ideas for a special day.

Thanks Mfuwe,

deep pockets, but short arms!

I was thinking about that, but also thought of something like a combo quadbike/sandboarding? Sounds like I contradict myself when this is also adventure, but I don't have to jump out of or from something - the heights thing.

Any suggestion on an operator for the boat trip as above?

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
reviews: 9
3. Re: Ideas for a special day.

Mola Mola do a nice seal and dolphin cruise.

The kayaking with seals with Jeanne at Eco Marine is really special, if you think you might like quadbiking then the sundowner option is really nice!

For seafood I like The Jetty, The Wreck and Kuckis Pub do a fabulous seafood platter (book for the wine bar upstairs tor a more romantic setting)

Gemma Dry - Discover Namibia Safaris

Isle of Man, United...
4. Re: Ideas for a special day.

I think I would rather jump out of a plane than go Quadbiking but each to their own! Mma Dry's option for the cruise is good.

Can I just say that I would not rate Kucki's, excellent though it is, as a place to take the lady wife for a slap up romantic meal. (Unless you are about 18-30 and love loud music and TV with your meal!)

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
5. Re: Ideas for a special day.

That's why I suggested the quiet wine lounge upstairs :)

Isle of Man, United...
6. Re: Ideas for a special day.

We were IN the quiet Lounge upstairs (unless there are two.)

Witbank, South...
7. Re: Ideas for a special day.

Could never see the need why anybody should jump out of a perfectly working airoplane!

Are all the activities availalble on Sundays, or should we rather do it on a Saturday?

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
8. Re: Ideas for a special day.

There are two different rooms upstairs. One has tv's and bench style tabling the other has comfy armchairs, candle light etc...

All activities are seven days a week in Swakopmund, but if you are going in busy season per book as activity operators get booked up in advance.

Isle of Man, United...
9. Re: Ideas for a special day.

Apologies Mma.

We must have got the wrong room. Tch!

Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 150
10. Re: Ideas for a special day.

The seal kayaking is amazing. Not too strenuous. Jeanne is fabulous as a guide. It isn't romantic (those kayaks aren't made for "rocking around:))