We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in early april in Essaoira

Which Essaouira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Weather in early april in Essaoira

Hi, my family and I are travelling to Morrocco in late March/early April. We are staying in Marrakesh initially and then were planning to drive down to Essaoira for 4/5 days. I have been looking at weather predictions and it seems Marrakesh is likely to be much warmer than Essaoira and we are wondering if we are making a wise choice. We want to relax and sunbathe after hectic days in Marrakesh. Will it be hot enough? We have 2 children who are likely to winge if it is only warm-ish in Essaoira.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Weather in early april in Essaoira

Marrakech, being an inland city, tends to be warmer at any time of the year as Essaouira is situated on the North Atlantic coast. Having said that the two locations provide a fantastic contrast to each other and it would be a shame to miss out on Essaouira (especially the beach for the kids) for the sake of a couple of degrees. No-one can of course can tell what the weather will be like, only the previous years' averages.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,441 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Weather in early april in Essaoira

Shade temperatures are only part of what you feel, the sun is much hotter than the UK.

I've just returned from eight weeks in Morocco travelling around and it was lovely and warm in Jan/Feb/Mar. But weather varies.

Thurso, Scotland...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Weather in early april in Essaoira

I'd be keen to know how your trip goes, we're thinking of Essaoira at the end of April/early May, but it seems Agadir would be a better bet for the heat, but Essaoira looks much more like our kind of place - hope you have a great trip - let me know how you get on!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Weather in early april in Essaoira

If you prefer an AI concreted resort Clare then Agadir is your best bet. If however you like history, culture and cuisine then I would recommend Essaouira. Just my opinion! (Temperatures should be much the same in either location but Essaouira can experience fairly high winds whilst Agadir suffers from sea mists from time to time. Somewhat warmer than Thurso that's for sure!)

Thurso, Scotland...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Weather in early april in Essaoira

Thanks for the advice, it's been snowing most of the day here today & if I get snow in Morocco next month I'll be very dissappointed!

Living on the coast we're used to a sea breeze & my husband will probably be glad of it - Essaoria it is then!

I've never been on an all inclusive resort type holiday, but it doesn't appeal to me much, maybe if we have kids I'll give it a go, but for the moment I want to feel like I've actually visited a foreign country & much of the all inclusive resorts I've looked at could be anywhere.

Thanks for your advice.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: Weather in early april in Essaoira

You are more than welcome Clare. For a real experience of Essaouira try to find a riad to stay in rather than one of the bland hotels on the outskirts of this small but fascinating coastal port town. If you have the time consider also an overnight trip to Marrakech, a complete contrast to the relative tranquility of Essaouira but an exciting destination too! Whatever you decide have a great holiday.

7. Re: Weather in early april in Essaoira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Essaouira