We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Damp

Which Essaouira hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 12
Damp

Hi,

I love visiting Essaouira but it seems that everywhere I stay feels damp. Trying to sleep in damp beds has ruined every trip for me as I'm a light sleeper at the best of times, so just end up feeling very grumpy all the time through lack of sleep.

I know it's due to the coastal climate etc etc but how do other people get around this problem - if indeed they experience it as a problem themselves?

Is there anywhere I could stay that maybe is a little further from the sea and therefore is not damp?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
11. Re: Damp

Some people do pick up on even the most innoccuous of comments and request they be censored.

London, UK
reviews: 17
12. Re: Damp

I have stayed at the Medina Spa in June and no problem with damp - but I can well imagine riads in the town will get damp with the early morning mists - I wandered around with a jellaba on in the morning to keep out the cold damp air. So my advice is buy a warm jellaba and sleep on top of the bed covers. Venice can get damp as well - so had to sleep fully clothed - you won't totally avoid dampness in Essaouira.

Marrakech, Morocco
13. Re: Damp

Thank you for all your replies!

14. Re: Damp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 14, 2013