We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Mauritus

Which Poste De Flacq hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva
reviews: 89
Dining in Mauritus

Hello,

myself and my boyfriend are planning a 10 day golfing break In Mauritius. Would you recommended a HB or AI meal plan? Is dining out expensive? What about golf package - does anyone know whats the avarage price for a green fee if not part of the package? Many thanks for feedbck!

5 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 1,117
1. Re: Dining in Mauritus

Which part of Mauritius would you be staying at.

There are some good hotels with wonderful golf courses in the east such as Belle Mare Plage and Le Tousserok.

I would go HB at the very least. This means breakfast and evening meals will be included. This just leaves lunch and drinks as extras. If you are planning on touring then you can eat when out and about.

As I have visited Geneva twice this year, I am aware how expensive food is over there. Fast food will be cheaper and even hotel food and drinks would be deemed to be reasonable in comparison with Geneva.

Geneva
2. Re: Dining in Mauritus

Hi Preston,

thanks for your post. We just started to look into it last night, think we will stay aroud BMP area.

I was slightly shocked by the price difference for HB and AI so though i would ask ;)) Glad to find out its not as expensive as in GVA!

Have you been to different parts of Mauritius in the past?

Any other tips we should take in account when booking hols?

Thanks! mb

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
reviews: 140
3. Re: Dining in Mauritus

Hi

There's usually a big gap in prices between HB and AI, take a look at Preston's article on this, click on his profile and you will find the link.

If you plan to stay on the east the choice of eating out at restaurants is greatly reduced, there's more choice away from hotels in Grand Baie area or Flic en Flac, if that is what you want to do.

We find HB is adequate and unless you want to stay in the hotel/resort all day I wouldn't recommend AI.

Best wishes

Mazza :-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 41
4. Re: Dining in Mauritus

Hi,

I stayed at Belle Mare Plage last year on HB and loved the resort. It has two championship golf courses and it on what I think is the best beach in Mauritius.

I have stayed all over the island and Belle Mare is by far the best beach.

The hotel also provides a free shuttle bus to its sister hotel Le Prince Maurice which is total luxury.

For details of the hotel and to download their factsheet see:

www.bellemareplagehotel.com

www.princemaurice.com

Bronia :)

Geneva
5. Re: Dining in Mauritus

Thank you all for a prompt feedback.

Checked with a few hotels we were interested in and none offered AI so i guess HB/FB is as good as it gets ;))

Reply to: Dining in Mauritus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Poste De Flacq