We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mauritius

Which Flic En Flac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norway
reviews: 2
mauritius

Plan to go to Mauritius 15. feb. Is this a good idea weathervice? Which part of island is best in feb?

dagmyh

Coromandel
reviews: 12
1. Re: mauritius

February is the hottest month on the island so if you can bear the heat and humidity ...Also as this is summer there is risk of tropical storm if you are unlucky but best place remains the north western belt beaches from Balaclava to Pereybere and the west coast from Flic en Flac to le Morne. The eastern beaches is a bit windy , not ideal if you are travelling with kids.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 41
2. Re: mauritius

Yes its hot and humid with chance of cyclonic activity. Grade 4 last February pummelled island for a couple of days. Although west is best in winter east is fine in summer as more breezy then and you can be grateful of sea breezes then because of the humidity. I have been in March and foind humidity unbearable, but thats me, I prefer winter with lower temps (23/27C on coasts) and no humidity. February is summer, so anywhere on the island should be fine.

Expect rain though, as its a tropical island, and chance of cyclonic activity.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
3. Re: mauritius

Dagmyh,

I have sent you a pm.

Bronia

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 1,118
4. Re: mauritius

I have been to Mauritius in Feb twice.

In 2004 there was 20 mins of rain in one go but it was hot.

In 2007 there was a few days (not continous) of rain but still hot. The cyclone took place the day after we left, phew!!

Mauritius
5. Re: mauritius

Hello,

The best place is still Flic-en-Flac, many restaurants/pubs/bars / village center / banks/shops all withing walking distance.

Also easy access to Port-Louis and many other place.

Le Morne is also nice but too isolated so if you wish to be locked inside a hotel and do not see must of the island it is find, because there is really nothing outside the hotel.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
6. Re: mauritius

He Morne is fine, provided you hire a car. Likwise Dinarobin and Paradis, which are situated here. Avoid the Indian Resort, which continues to get bad reviews about staff and dampness. Also as its last hotel on peninsula it is very very windy!

Why are we talking about this anyway come to think of it? This is an old post resurrected!

Bronia

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
7. Re: mauritius

Apologies: Not so old a post. I meant Le Morne BTW!

bronia

toronto
8. Re: mauritius

May i suggest you stay in Grand-baie or in flic en flac! the two places have good nightlife everyday of the week. le morne is too far away and even though you hire a car, you wont be able to enjoy pubs and nightclub coz you will not be able to drink cocktails as you will have to drive afterwards. I say no to drinking and driving!!!better stay in a place where you can have it all, good restaurant, sea nearby, night life and shopping during day time. And there are loads of nice hotels in flic en flac and in grand baie.

hope this helps.

Mauritius
9. Re: mauritius

I agree with "luxurylife" however Grand Baie is too touristics hence prices are higher than in Flic-en-Flac, and beside Flic-en-Flac is much closer to other towns like 4-Bornes, Rose-Hills and Curepipe, so do thing twice before making a decision

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
10. Re: mauritius

Bomshaka,

Flic en Flac has certainly got better beach than Grand Baie, but both places have their merits. I think prices tend to be about the same in general, or not really much difference. Yes, Flic is close to Quatre Bornes, handy for the Thursday and Sunday markets, but I doubt the average tourist will find much of interest in Rosehill for example. Phoenix is not such a great option for shopping these days as all the old factory shops are closed or don't have very good stock like they used to. Personally I like both. My favourite place though is Tamarin!

West coast definitely has the edge with its gorgeous mountain backdrop.

Best wishes,

Bronia

Get answers to your questions about Flic En Flac