We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embudu - feedback on dive school, rainy season

Which Raa Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Embudu - feedback on dive school, rainy season

Thinking of booking Embudhu in August. Appreciate it is the rainy season but school holidays dictate these days. Been to villamenhoo in feb 07 and that was great. How wet is it in August, short heavy bursts or long spells of rain? Is the sea calm or rough in the rainy season?

I will be taking my daughter with me, she will be newly qualified 14 year old diver. Has anyone experience of the dive school and its suitability for a new young diver?

Oxford, United...
reviews: 26
1. Re: Embudu - feedback on dive school, rainy season

Hi Rusty

Can't comment on the dive school i'm afraid. If you follow the "FAQ: What is the weather like?" link on the right hand side of the forum it will provide you with a wealth of information.

As you say it is the rainy season but it will also be hot and you could be lucky with the sunshine. The first time my daughter went to the Maldives it was in August and she had clear blue skies for nearly all of her 7 days. It really is luck of the draw.

OD

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 18
2. Re: Embudu - feedback on dive school, rainy season

like OD says .... you could have anything from 2 weeks of brilliant sunshine to 2 weeks of nearly uninterrupted rain.

the rain might come in "short heavy bursts" or last several days. the sea might be calm or rough. winds could be almost still or stormy ..... absolutely any combination is possible and odds are that you will be experiencing a mix of a bit of everything.

Bolton, United...
3. Re: Embudu - feedback on dive school, rainy season

Thanks for feedback. FAQ under my nose and I missed it. Just worried we will spend all that cash and just get rain.

Bolton, United...
4. Re: Embudu - feedback on dive school, rainy season

Thanks for feedback. Decided to take the plunge and booked last 2 weeks in July. Fingers crossed.

Rusty

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 18
5. Re: Embudu - feedback on dive school, rainy season

you will love it .. no matter what the weather !

6. Re: Embudu - feedback on dive school, rainy season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:32 am, January 22, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Raa Atoll
Recent Conversations