We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo wine

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dundee
reviews: 17
Biyadhoo wine

We are coming to biyadhoo in April 2013 - my wife is a white wine drinker - does anyone have any info on the wine/quality/type offered at the island? - many thanks pete

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Biyadhoo wine

Hi Pete

You will find it will be locally supped wine ,P is a wine drinker and enjoyed the wine on kuredu ,you don't seem to see anyone complaining about the wine in the reviews ;) so I am assuming its good quality on the resorts

Good luck

Darryl

Swanwick, United...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Biyadhoo wine

Some of the islands we have visited the wine has that slight sherry taste, however on Biyadhoo it was fine. I think your wife will only have a problem if she only drinks a particular sort of wine, say Pinot Grigio, but if she will drink a house white, then she shouldn't have a problem.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 235
3. Re: Biyadhoo wine

The white wine was IMO undrinkable. I only drink wine but was unable to drink the white at biyadhoo. Had to drink the red. The white tasted of sherry... A bad sherry .

Edited: 5:04 am, January 16, 2013
Surrey, UK
reviews: 9
4. Re: Biyadhoo wine

Pete, I agree with Paul - the white is not good at all (not helped by not being properly chilled) but the red is ok. Each time we go back I always have a glass of the white to try, to see if it's improved at all but it never does!

The house wine is included in the AI. Otherwise they do have a reasonable choice of wines on the list (seem to remember seeing Hardys?) but they are expensive - upwards of $30 a botte.

Edited: 6:14 am, January 18, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 25
5. Re: Biyadhoo wine

Not being a connoisseur, I've only ever ordered the House Wines and have to say that I've found both red and white to be perfectly drinkable. But then I find that on holiday I can tolerate wines that I definitely wouldn't touch with a barge pole at home. Think it's all to do with being too relaxed to care!

SL

dundee
6. Re: Biyadhoo wine

Thank you sun lover 57 for that reply - I think you are right on the money with that statement! Lol

Ledbury, United...
7. Re: Biyadhoo wine

I'm with SL in that I have had no complaints about the white wine at Biya although I only tend to have a single glass before or with dinner. If I do find a wine too tart I usually make it into a spritzer with soda or sprite.

Staffordshire
reviews: 10
8. Re: Biyadhoo wine

Last June the house white was a tolerable Italian wine. The November before, it was something else entirely, which was preferable. But as my learned companion remarked, 'It's just a question of re-educating the taste-buds'. As the wine is served by the glass, the bottle sometimes gets left out of the 'fridge meaning that it's often served tepid. Ask the bar staff nicely and they'll put a couple of glasses in the freezer for you!

9. Re: Biyadhoo wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 23, 2014