We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo questions

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, United...
reviews: 3
Biyadhoo questions

Hi,

Was wondering if anybody could answer a few questions about Biyadhoo...

We are looking at booking a late deal to go next weekend and are wondering what the food is like. We are both vegetarians - would it be ok for us?

Also, what would be the best room numbers to ask for?

Finally, what are the drinks prices like? We aren't big drinkers so we are going full board.

We went to Fihalhohi last year and Biyadhoo looks pretty similar. Would this be right?

Thanks for your help,

Geoff

Ledbury, United...
reviews: 22
11. Re: Biyadhoo questions

Xarla - both

Manchester, United...
reviews: 35
12. Re: Biyadhoo questions

I think upgrade is currently £25 per day each, as everytime I go on H&J it comes up FB and then quotes £350 each for a 14 night upgrade.

So £50 per couple? I guess it is still probably worth it?

I'm on the verge of booking for 3 weeks time, just need my OH to sort his work diary out so I can book ...

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 235
13. Re: Biyadhoo questions

Was 17 in June with kuoni. Must ave gone up

Lancaster, United...
14. Re: Biyadhoo questions

Thanks for all the advice, we've booked for next Monday - can't wait!

Staffordshire
reviews: 11
15. Re: Biyadhoo questions

Regarding vegetarian food, there is always at least one vegetarian curry for both lunch and dinner. You will find a pasta dish at both meals and often this is vegetarian as well e.g. pasta/tomato; pasta/pesto type of thing. Lots of bowls of salad, individual salad vegetables sliced/diced and presented separately as well as mixed salads which are often booby-trapped with meat or fish but which are clearly labelled. The chefs are always available and are only too happy to point out the dishes you would find acceptable if you explain your requirements.

As for the rooms, I think that you will have little choice if travelling next week, but if you don't like the room you are allocated on arrival, say so! They will move you as soon as they can. Having stayed both east and west, I prefer block one on the east side for all the reasons people have already mentioned. The area in front of the middle block on the west side gets very crowded and the overhanging trees are full of mozzies! You have got all of your insect repellant sorted I hope?

Full board or AI? Depends how much you drink (obviously!) but even bottles of water at $3 each, plus all the taxes, can sure mount up. The AI package also includes at least one trip (used to be two, so I would ask the Kuoni rep. on arrival about the snorkelling trip) which would otherwise be charged at $20-25 per person.

I'm sure you will have a great time at Biyadhoo so fingers crossed for coast to coast sunshine!

Fuvahmulah
16. Re: Biyadhoo questions

I wouldn't recommend waiting to get to resort then thinking about upgrading as our rate is a little higher and doesn't include extras.

If you're thinking about it I would say go for it. If you're booking through Thomson you'll get the two trips and there's snorkeling gear included too (5$ plus taxes per day on the island).

Room wise they are all similar. The truth is that nowhere is more than 5 mins from your room on the island so it's not the be all and end all.

Our last Kuoni rep and current rep are vegetarians and never struggled with the food to be honest and it has taken a turn for the better with some extra cooking stations during the week.

Haywards Heath...
reviews: 43
17. Re: Biyadhoo questions

Hey Nic, what trips are included with Kuoni now? But more important are the Mantas still there? I'd love to do the catamaran Manta trip but may have to drag you along with me as dont want to be dropped off in the deep blue on my own - too scary.......

Fuvahmulah
18. Re: Biyadhoo questions

Heehe.. Now on Kuoni All Inclusive is Sunset Fishing.

Manta I will have to check for you but if my job role that days involves sailing around the indian ocean on a catamaran lookin for Manta then I think I can manage it!

19. Re: Biyadhoo questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 07, 2013