We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives for 10 days...Maafushi good?

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Muscat Governorate...
Maldives for 10 days...Maafushi good?

I am going to Maldives..(on my "bucket-list" to dive) end of July with 2 teenage girls...saw some good places in Maafushi. Any advice on where in the Maldives I can rent a decent beach-hut or room on beach with great snorkeling/diving close by.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 5
1. Re: Maldives for 10 days...Maafushi good?

Maafushi is a local island and I think you may struggle to find any diving there. If there is, it'll be organised through a nearby resort.

Have a look on Agora, there are three guesthouses on Maafushi. White Shell is on the beach, but more expensive than the other two guesthouses. I've stayed at Summer Villa, which is about a ten minute walk from the tourists' beach.

Do remember there are "rules" on the local islands- no drinking, no sunbathing. etc. The girls would have to be covered from shoulders to knees, at all times, including the beach and swimming.

Fuvahmulah
reviews: 3
2. Re: Maldives for 10 days...Maafushi good?

Laura you've been here too long... Agora is ur local supermarket! xxx

I like White Shell, they come to Biyadhoo a lot and are based on a beach and have sunbeds and outdoor cafe area.

Biyadhoo has an entrance fee of $10 per person plus 6% GST (So $11) but if guests are coming to dive they won't charge.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 5
3. Re: Maldives for 10 days...Maafushi good?

hahaha, whoops!

I meant Agoda, definitely the island fever getting to me. xx

Novi Sad, Serbia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Maldives for 10 days...Maafushi good?

Hi Laura

I saw your post.When you were in summer villa?

We also want to go in october or november this year, but not sure if it is good choice.

We are young couple.

What about beach?Is it nice?Summer villa is not direct on beach?

We know that girls can not swim in bikini, so we want to go to the excursion and trips every day.Do you were on sandbank,picnic island or dolphins trip?

Which resort is nearby?

We want to go 4 or 5 days on Maafushi(limited budget) and 2 days on some resort.

Do you have some pictures from beach in Maafushi?

Thank you soo much!

5. Re: Maldives for 10 days...Maafushi good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 24, 2013