We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time at Male airport

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
reviews: 36
Time at Male airport

Hi anyone who has a good answer!

My fiance and I are landing at Male at 14:40 in a few months from now. Apparently the last check-in for our sea plane transfer to our resort is 16:00. I reckon that should be plenty of time, but after experiencing the ginormous queues at a few other smaller airports I just wanted to make sure. Should I look into getting an earlier flight to Male?

Cheers,

Christopher.

UK
reviews: 11
1. Re: Time at Male airport

Last time to Male we queued more than an hour at immigration. It was just before Christmas and it is by far the longest we have ever had to wait. Bags were waiting for us though. Flight was on time to Male but had to circle for about 30 mins waiting to land - the airport has one runway and no taxi-ways so each plane has to reach the terminal by travelling back down the runway - this can cause delays at busy times.

Seaplane terminal is a short bus ride from main terminal - about 10 minutes. Your seaplane company will take you and they run very frequently.

London, United...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Time at Male airport

Hi. Who told you the last seaplane check in was 4pm? The flights fly till dusk, which can be 5 or 6pm, depending on time of year and where you are going. The seaplanes wait for you also,,so if it really was 4pm, then it would be no issue if you turned up at 4.45.

However the flight schedule is done the night before for the seaplanes, so I don't know how you have info saying it will be at 4pm.

The only risk you have is if your flight is delayed say more than an hour Nd a half.

We landed at after 2.30 at xmas and still had to wait a couple of hours. However yes, if you get an earlier flight, of course any delay won't impact.

I would go back to whomever told you it was 4pm and query this.

Nottingham england
reviews: 1
3. Re: Time at Male airport

I agree with Froggy

I have seen seaplanes land on islands at dusk, the pilots then stay over and take off again at dawn

14.40pm landing time is easily enough for your transfer by seaplane

Simon

4. Re: Time at Male airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 am, June 19, 2013