We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fihalhohi March

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
reviews: 2
Fihalhohi March

After having a fantastic time at Fiha in September 05 we are returning in March 06. Just got my dollars today to starting to get just a tad excited about returning. Has anyone travelled on the new First Choice planes? We fly with Monarch last time (albeit with extra legroom seats) and were wondering what the seating & service is like on FC as we were unable to get the extra legroom seats. As my partner will be doing the diving course this time i will just be chilling and reading. Anyone else travelling out 07/03?

Jane

UK
reviews: 3
1. Re: Fihalhohi March

First choice flights are outstanding, we flew outward with monarch last time and it felt like a cattle truck compared to the return flight with first choice

uk
reviews: 1
2. Re: Fihalhohi March

Hi we are going in august so look forward to how it goes for you, i cant wait to try the flight with first choice as the monarch flight was frankly awful!

Please let us know if the snorkelling is good for kids, i am a bit concerned there is no pool cheers

Wales
3. Re: Fihalhohi March

We are keeping our fingers crossed for the new FCA planes - finding it really hard to find any reviews of the new planes yet. We don't have children, but saw quite a few children snorkelling. You do need to be careful of currents. I'm not a particularly strong swimmer and at times just had to go with the current which just took me a little further round the island. There is plenty of coral / fish maybe 80cms - 1metre depth to be seen if you dont want to go too far out and like to put your feet down (but not on the coral) The black tip reef sharks come in close to shore - i used to just sit on the sand with my face under and watch them swim rond me as chased their supper. The dive centre staff are fantastic and they will be able to give you advice about snorkelling and hopefully alleviate your concerns. Send them an email before you go as they will reply. Our tickets arrived this morning so the excitment is building. jane

Wales
4. Re: Fihalhohi March

i forgot to say, get some aqua shoes - you can pick them up reasonably on ebay - especially for the children as there are sharp bits of coral in the sand as you go into the water.

jane

uk
5. Re: Fihalhohi March

Thanks, thats great advice and well received, its great to hear about the island as we cant find much on the web and it seems such a bargain!, i cant wait to try the FC planes, i am sure monarch will have big problems unless they too uprgade!

i will remember the kids shoes, good idea!

Wales
6. Re: Fihalhohi March

This page will tell you everything you need to know http://www.fihalhohi.net/

Hope it helps

Jane

Wales
7. Re: Fihalhohi March

Sorry but i'm going to have to write one of those ' only seven days to go and we'll be back in the Maldives' type of posts ;)

Cases are packed what do i do now?????

jane

england
8. Re: Fihalhohi March

Hi dont know if you will get this before you go.My boyfriend and I are going to the island in two weeks.I was a bit nervous as we went a different island last time. your post was very helpful, cant wait.Must buy bikini.thanks again and either have a good one or welcome home.

uk
9. Re: Fihalhohi March

Hi i would love to hear how you get on as it sounds such a bargain, i am keen to understand if its good for kids, we are going in august, please let me know how it goes, very jealous being stuck here in the rain!