We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Telford, United...
reviews: 58
Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

Just a quickie, if I did pluck up the courage to do a night snorkel does the price include torches? Anyone know the price?

Many Thanks

Rach

Ledbury, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

Hi

Do not recall Biyadhoo offering a night snorkel trip - we tend to do our own with diving torches. Price for lamp hire is $5 and backup torch $3.

Telford, United...
2. Re: Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

thanks, a regular said if I asked at the dive school they would take us on a night guided snorkel so was just wondering how much and if included torches. Thanks for letting me know how much the torches are. I wouldnt be happy going on our own, we love to snorkel but are both nervous of the water!

Rach

Ledbury, United...
3. Re: Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

Just to update - Biyadhoo Water Sports Centre now offer night snorkelling at $30 per person No mention about torches but I would hope the price includes this. The days and times seem only to be advertised through the water sports board (outside the centre) so if you are interested go have a word with the staff member.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
reviews: 14
4. Re: Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

Rach

If it is majeed running the night snorkel from the water sports - he was a brilliant dive guide.

However I would buy a torch yourself off ebay £20-30 and do it yourself, may be start with a dusk snorkel so you get used to the change in light, then go to a full night one.

Sg

Telford, United...
5. Re: Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

thanks both, we shall see how we get on! Don't think will have the nerve to do one on our own!!

Loughborough...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

Hi Rach68,

Me and the wife did a night snorkel trip at Athuruga last year and it is well worth doing, amazing!!! do it if you can, scary at first but after a couple of minutes you will be fine, go in just before dark and its not so bad, like sg2 said.

Mick.

Ledbury, United...
7. Re: Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

Sorry but Majeed (and Monica) has left - a shame because he was very knowledgable about the reef, currents and sea life.

H

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
reviews: 14
8. Re: Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

thanks for the news H - i know she was talking about it when we last visited- shame both nice people and very knowledgeable

Sg

Croydon, United...
9. Re: Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

Hi Rachael

Did you manage to pluck up the courage to night snorkel when you were last there, if so how was it? Gordon's done a few night dives & says they're great, but I'd never thought about night snorkelling - thanks for the idea! In fact, Gordon's just gone & put out one of his torches for packing now. We're off on Thursday - whoo hoo!

Michele

Brighton, United...
reviews: 24
10. Re: Biyadhoo Night Snorkel - Torches & Price

Pluck up the courage to do a night snorkel - I did my first (with a guide from dive school) at Brayka Bay and was amazed at how different the reef looks at night.

Earlier this year on Vilamendhoo I did a couple of night snorkels and the variety of underwater life was quite incredible - stuff you don't see in the day. Not at all scary either.

The OH is a diver and so I was accompanied at all times at night, and also had the use of a torch ! Never go alone at night.

For the record I have my own mask, snorkel and fins - I use the small Trek fins so I am well away from anything that longer fins might inadvertently damage.

Sue

Edited: 7:59 am, September 21, 2011