We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Biyadhoo, plug sockets!!

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wassenaar, The...
reviews: 1
Coming to Biyadhoo, plug sockets!!

Hi my family and I are coming to Biyadhoo on 21st July and can't wait. Is it true that the plug sockets are the same as ours?? Also do we get beach towels each day - we only have 15kgs of luggage so this will be a great help!!!

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
reviews: 4
1. Re: Coming to Biyadhoo, plug sockets!!

Hi Emwoll

Yes plug sockets the same and yes you get beach towels

Regards

Doug

London, United...
reviews: 25
2. Re: Coming to Biyadhoo, plug sockets!!

Sorry to have to disagree with the above post, but the sockets are of the old fashioned English variety, ie round pinned not the modern square pin ones. However, there are adaptors in the rooms but I always take a spare just in case! The beach towels are changed daily, so you don't need to take any with you. Also, there is a small Library at the Banyan bar, so if you were going to pack lots of books to read, you could cut down a bit, knowing that you will be able to find something there. Hope you have a great time - I'm sure you will as Biyadhoo is absolutely beautiful.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
reviews: 14
3. Re: Coming to Biyadhoo, plug sockets!!

Plug sockets at Biyadhoo - there was a 3 pin square in the cupboard for the kettle and fridge , otherwise they were the old style 3 pin round . You will get fresh room and beach towels every day - There is a laundry basket outside your room , which if you put your beach towels on at the end of the day by the time you come back after dinner there will be new ones, the room was cleaned twice a day. It is a lovely laid back natural island so make the most of it before they close for refurb.

sg

Wassenaar, The...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Coming to Biyadhoo, plug sockets!!

Thanks everyone for all your replies, they've been a great help, I have been wondering about the plug sockets as I was going to take some mossy plug in things, but no-one has mentioned taking them, so perhaps I don't need them??

Liverpool GB.
reviews: 5
5. Re: Coming to Biyadhoo, plug sockets!!

Dont need the Mozzie plug ins if you have AC in your room, and on most islands they fog on a regular basis as do the room boys to your room.

R

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
reviews: 14
6. Re: Coming to Biyadhoo, plug sockets!!

the island is fogged twice a day but some people did get bitten badly, to this day not sure if it was mossies or sand mites as they seem to occur outside. Your room has AC so leave it on this keeps it colder than the mossies like it, also they leave a spray in your room. We used to use it just before we left the room at night and I did have a plug in but rarely used it.

Sg

Oxford, United...
reviews: 22
7. Re: Coming to Biyadhoo, plug sockets!!

I personally think the little critters are sandflies, not mossies. Either way, we had a dirty great can of mossie spray in our room which we used in the evening before heading for the bar. Mrs OD did get bitten quite badly but always outside - never in the room.

8. Re: Coming to Biyadhoo, plug sockets!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 04, 2009