We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building noise on Biyadoo?

Which South Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford / Manchester
Building noise on Biyadoo?

Hi, I am about to book a late deal to Biyadoo on 6th August 07 for 2 weeks, but have just read the following on Hayes and Jarvis' website:

"Biyadoo have started some soft renovations until October the works will be done in a block by block basis and no guests will be accomodated in the effected block they are replacing balcony railings, concreting and plastering in the rooms and changing the roofing to weaved palm leaves."

Does anybody know if the building work has started yet or if it will have by August and how drastic / noisy it is or will be? Also, the redevelopment on Villivaru looks quite major, can it be heard on Biyadoo?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated, I am looking for a peaceful holiday without banging and tapping!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
reviews: 15
1. Re: Building noise on Biyadoo?

we were there June - posted a review, We hadn't been told about soft renovations but it makes sense, as our balcony rail looked new, and wandering round the island it looks as though they were starting on the west side , which are the lower room number I must admit never heard anything nor did any of the holiday makers we spoke to make any comment , which I would of expected if there had been noise. . Re the redevelopment on Villivaru , you can see the island from the jetty and we went passed it when going to diving sites but you cant hear it from the island

sg

Oxford / Manchester
2. Re: Building noise on Biyadoo?

That's great! Thanks Sg2 and also for the quick reply! Just what I wanted to hear - I can cope with minor improvements but you never know what these operators mean when they refer to 'soft renovations' - could be a building site! Cheers.

3. Re: Building noise on Biyadoo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 04, 2009