We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do I pack?

London
reviews: 30
What do I pack?

Finally, after what seems like an age of waiting, I am only three weeks away from my first trip to the Maldives, at Angsana Ihuru. It's also my (our?) honeymoon so I'm hoping it will be the holiday of a lifetime, BA strikes permitting!

This maybe a really stupid question, but what should I pack? What clothing is most suitable, and do I need to pack Shampoo, Conditioner etc?

My diving plans have been put on hold due to a severe ear infection a few weeks ago, but I am ok to snorkle, is it worth buying my own mask, flippers etc or should I just use the resort ones?

Also, do the rooms at Ihuru have hair dryers, tea/coffee making facilities and a fridge?

Thanks in advance.

LST

Edited: 3:52 pm, December 02, 2009
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 47
11. Re: What do I pack?

Hi - we stayed at Ihuru this year and used their shampoo, conditioner, disposable razors, etc etc and liked all just fine - when empty they refill / replace them (the bottles are large in any case); yes, the rooms have fridges and coffee making facilities and you get free desalinated water (1 bottle each per day). You get free snorkelling equipment and I preferred their fins to the ones (very comfy) I had brought with me, though suggest you take your own mask / snorkel. Search 'ear infection' in thread I asked a little while ago for lots of good advive from TA members for preventative measures - have a great time - it's a fantastic place!

12. Re: What do I pack?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 09, 2010