We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code on summer island village

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
reviews: 1
dress code on summer island village

Hi arriving to summer isalnd village in january and was wondering if anyone who has been there can let me know if it is just casual clothing or if there are nights that you can get dressed up.would also like to know any reviews about the seaplane if it is really worth upgrading to it.

kent,uk
reviews: 10
1. Re: dress code on summer island village

Hi when are you going? We fly out New Years Eve and cant wait. From what I believe it isn't a flash resort so dress code is casual/smart with no swimsuits in the restaurant. The seaplane is best booked at the resort, you can do this on www.summerislandvillage.com and is $69 each way which is about £38. We are going to try the boat first of all as the dolphin sighting is supposed to be amazing. !!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 62
2. Re: dress code on summer island village

Hi to both of you

We're due to visit Summer Island in February. Have you seen the 2 most recent reviews of SI food? Not good. I'm a bit worried to say the least.

Can someone please pacify me ?

Jaime

kent,uk
3. Re: dress code on summer island village

Hi Babygrey,

I got an email from the manager regarding the food problem, the only thing I can hope for is that it is a one off as you do not expect that anywhere you go. I have posted his email in the forum in the summer island website so check it out. IWhen I return from there I will post a review and let you all know what it was like.

Jo

Manchester, United...
reviews: 62
4. Re: dress code on summer island village

Hi Jo

Just read the managers response. I feel a little bit better having seen that.

We're not big eaters and I certainly didn't book this resort because of the 5star menus and room facilities, but when the words stomach cramps and dysentry pop up you can't ignore it - I mean you can't just pop over to Boots whilst you're there can you ?!

This may be a blessing in disguise - hopefully, standards in all areas will have been improved because of this scare.

Hope you have a happy, healthy holiday anyway and I'll look forward to your review.

Bye for now and merry chrimbo !

Jai x

kent,uk
5. Re: dress code on summer island village

Yes hopefully standards will be at their best following this scare. I pray anyway as we have spent a lot of money on this hol and have been looking forward to it so much. The reviews have been excellent though apart from that week that people stayed there so I've got my fingers crossed.

Jo x

Germany
6. Re: dress code on summer island village

casual is great. and upgrading seaplane is worth. it takes only 15 minutes. you can seend an email to mr waheed at reservations@summerislandvillage.com.mv he will do it for you.

7. Re: dress code on summer island village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 22, 2009