We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

few questions!

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
blackpool uk
reviews: 1
few questions!

hi all, just got a few questions regarding my holiday to the bandos island resort in october, firstly im 19 and im going with my partner who is 22 and i was wondering if there is any young couples who have also been to this resort to share a little insight to what its like?

other questions i have are:-

what is the best currency to use?

is there any vaccinations i might need coming from the uk?

is there anyone who has been late october that can let me know what weather to expect?

is there anything recomended to do? or anywhere recomended to go whilst visiting?

also i have heard that tipping is quite essential over there so i was wondering what is a fair tip considering it will be a regular thing?

well sorry for asking so much its just im a bit clueless to what its like as i have only ever been to spain, lol, thankyou for any help in advance.

elisa :-)

UK
reviews: 28
11. Re: few questions!

Yes you could upgrade for a week no probs. Please choose room carefully though. we are in 150 which is right opposite best beach and close to sundowners which is perfect for us. It is about a 5 to 10 min walk to reception / main area though. The beach opposit other beach villas isnt always wide enough to sunbathe on.

england
12. Re: few questions!

Hi, i have found a really great deal for Bandos on cosmos for £836 full board in a junior suite, worth doing? we are going in decmeber, do not want a really busy resort with a lot of kids, we are in our early 20's and are looking for a romantic break. Are the junior suites any good as there are no jacuzzi villas left?

what is the food like, i am very fussy about hygine (how well it has been cooked and has it been left out or not).

UK
reviews: 28
13. Re: few questions!

That sounds like a good deal. Junior suites are ok. Bed with a lounge area and large bathroom/wet room. They are all dark wood in bungalow style in blocks of 2.

If you are full or half board meals are taken in the buffet restaurant. It is the same for breakfast every morning but I imagine the dinner buffets are varied. You can choose to take evening meal in one of the other restaurants instead but only at 25 or 15% discount. Bear in mind also that 10% service charge is added. We are bed and breakfast and I am so glad. There are 3 other restaurants. The harbour restaurant is fine dining and entrees are between $25 and$45 each, so havent been there!! Sundowners is a lovely bar/restaurant over the water near the dive centre and food is very reasonable there, between $7 and $25 for entrees and the sea breeze is also very nice. That is also over the water and costs between $10 and $30 for main course. Would def recommend b&b over fb or hb as no comparison in quality between buffet and other restaurants. We are here in school holidays and there are children here but also alot of couples. I would say about 1/4 of holidaymakers have children. Hope this helps.

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 20
14. Re: few questions!

Hi Emma

That does sound a good deal but i dont think Bandos is the island you are looking for from what you have said because it is probably one of if not the most child friendly island in the maldives. hope this helps

regards susie

leeds,england
reviews: 2
15. Re: few questions!

sraj

can you sleep 4 in the jacuzzi beach villas? we r going to bandos next easter with 2 kids. were currently booked into the junoir suites with adjoining rooms.

thanks

dippi1

16. Re: few questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 15, 2009