We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med Kani

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Almonte, Canada
reviews: 3
Club Med Kani

I'm thinking of booking at the Kani mid-April for our honeymoon. We'd probably stay in the lagoon suites for part of our stay. I just have a few questions if anyone has stayed there lately.

What is in the minibar? How much are the resort excursions - snorkelling? Can you use a thermos cup for your drinks? What perks are there having a lagoon suite opposed the Club rooms? It possible to swim/dive with manta rays and whale sharks from this resort?

Any must does while in the Maldives?

Any info is appreciated.

Big Jay

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 19
1. Re: Club Med Kani

there is no snorkeling from the beach . you could be lucky and come across a manta .. seeing a whale shark from club med is highly unlikely

Almonte, Canada
2. Re: Club Med Kani

Did some more looking around and there is a dive spot called Manta Point, which is cleaning station where you can see Manta rays. So do you mean that Club Med doesn't dive there? No snorkeling from the beach? Do you mean no good snorkeling from beach?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
3. Re: Club Med Kani

i mean .. you can always snorkel from the beach , sure. but if you want to see fish and coral , then there is no snorkeling from the beach.

you are in the wrong atoll for great diving and club med is not geared towards serious divers.

Almonte, Canada
4. Re: Club Med Kani

Ok... thanks for the info. Probably be fine for me, I will be newly certificated when we go. Will have to return with some experience and stay in the southern atolls. That seems to be the best place to dive from what I've been reading.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
5. Re: Club Med Kani

the best diving by far - especially for inexperienced divers is the south ari atoll . it features a lot of thilas for excellent not too deep diving .

the lankan manta point that you are referring to is unfortunately quite deep with an average depth of 26 meters . the cleaning stations are the tops of some flat, erroded down coral blocks on the bottom. in order to experience it well , you need to be advanced open water certified and you should have a bit of experience. it requires good buoyancy skills. euro divers is a reputable diveschool though , and i am sure they will do what they can to maximize your experience.

Biggin Hill
reviews: 9
6. Re: Club Med Kani

The top of the cleaning stations at Lankan are around 13-15 meters with the very bottom of the stations at 18-21 meters, very do-able for OWD divers, plenty to see without having to go below 20m

Dundee, United...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Club Med Kani

Just a wee point....I went to Lankan (Manta Point) in Oct and was lucky to see a couple of Mantas, but according to the instructor, there aren't as many sightings there as there used to be.

And although I am an Advanced Open Water Diver....there were Open Water Divers with us on the dive.

Biggin Hill
reviews: 9
8. Re: Club Med Kani

Hi I had another thought about your wish to see Mantas. April is too early in the season for mantas to be at Lankan, typically they show up at Lankan from July to October. You may be better looking at a resort in the north or south ari atoll if the possibility of mantas is a deal breaker.

Almonte, Canada
9. Re: Club Med Kani

Thanks for all the info. What could I expect to see diving in that area? To be honest living in Ontario Canada, I would be excited to see anything. Would the Caribbean be a better place in April to dive? Love to see Whale shark :)

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 235
10. Re: Club Med Kani

The Caribbean would never be the place to dive

I saw more marine life in a 30 min snorkel in the maldives than 20 years of diving and snorkelling all over the Caribbean . Absolutely no comparison