We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baros maldives

Which North Male Atoll hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 12
baros maldives

Hi,

i have just recently posted some questions about looking at going to the Maldives as first timers with my wife.

Can anyone share their thoughts on Baros Maldives.

Is this is a great place/location and would it be great for first time travellers looking at finding a special place/location

All the reviews in general are quite favourable.

Is it suited for couples, which is what we are looking for.

Just looking to swim, relax and have a great time and spoil ourselves in late May

Cannock, United...
reviews: 20
1. Re: baros maldives

Hi,

I'm surprised no-one has replied to this. We visited Baros last May, it was the 4th island we've been to and it compared very favourably with the others.

From your description, I don't think you would be at all disappointed with Baros. In fact I think you would be over the moon. Provision wise i.e. restaurants, rooms, food and drink I would say it's the best island we've visited. It is definitely suited to couples as there's a policy of no young children on the island (can't remember the age restriction off the top of my head). I personally don't think it's the prettiest island i've visited but i'd certainly go back in a heartbeat and it's my wife's favourite island so far.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Vihamanafushi
reviews: 4
2. Re: baros maldives

Hi Blackcaviar & Rob,

I think there were 2 threads about this.

Baros would fit the bill for a quiet couples island and would be at a slightly better standard than Lizard Island where you have stayed previously. (my humble opinion as I worked with Lizard in a former life)

Great house reef, peaceful and not too far from Male' if you are looking for shorter 25 minute transfer.

Warm regards,

Jason

Kurumba Maldives

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: baros maldives

Thank you both N8RJG & Jason for your views. looking forward to going to Baros at the end of May.

Fingers crossed that as a whole the weather is ok. I know that this time of the year can be hit and miss.

How did you find the weather last May when you were there.

Regards,

BlackCaviar

Cannock, United...
reviews: 20
4. Re: baros maldives

We were there last week of May/first week of June last year. Weather was mixed. We did have some rain but think we only had one day where it rained most of the day. We still managed to eat outside all but one evening. Some days were cloudy but still very warm. Second week was much better than the first. Sun most days. I would go again at this time no problem.

Cheers

Rob

Bishops Stortford...
reviews: 58
5. Re: baros maldives

Hi

You'll love it there. It's peaceful, ideal for couples. They don't allow children under the age of 8, but in our 3 visits there, (4th in a couple of weeks) we have seen less than a handful of children, we went over New Year once and there were none there then. Great snorkelling off the house reef, which is easily accessible from the beach. Lovely food. The staff are fantastic. As for the weather, we usually go in the winter and its almost always mixed. There's nothing you can do about it. Have a lovely time.

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: baros maldives

Thanks for the feedback. I have booked to go for 8 nights in late may into ealry June. Cant wait..

Does anybody have views on which side of the island it is potentially better for Deluxe Beach Villa's. I know they would all be great, but i was just wondering on what general thoughts would be.

Thanks

BlackCaviar

Bishops Stortford...
7. Re: baros maldives

We avoid the ones that face west. They do get afternoon sun, but they overlook the dive school and are less private and not as quiet at the others. If you look on the Baros website, there is a map of the rooms. The site is quite a challenge to negotiate, look at the tiny writing at the bottom if the homepage. I think it's there somewhere under 'downloads.' We are going in a couple if weeks, so I can get specific numbers of villas depending in your preferences. There's a strange numbering system, which I can't quite recall!!

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: baros maldives

Kim,

That would be great. I am interested in villas 103-105 on the south side and villas 108-111 on the north side. I have read various reviews and both sides are favourable. I guess it comes down to individual taste.

I believe the south side villas are a little close to the actual water than the north.

In saying this i have read that from the south you can acutally see at a distance the rubbish island and male.

I look forward to hear your views.

Regards,

BlackCaviar

Bishops Stortford...
9. Re: baros maldives

I'll have a look and report back! Male is in the distance, but you can hardly see it, a few lights in the distance at night. As for rubbish island, we've been to Baros 3 times and never noticed it. You can see two other resort islands from the north side of the island, but they're not intrusive. A seaplane flies past occasionally, a few boats go past, which I like to see. It's lovely there. You'll have a great time.

Sydney, Australia
10. Re: baros maldives

Kim,

Im sure no matter what room i get it will be great.

Thanks again and have a great holiday

BlackCaviar