We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

Reading, England...
Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

I don't think this has been asked/answered before, but apologies if it has..

For the beach BBQ dinners (either kind), can each person choose a different menu, e.g. Meat for one person, Seafood for the other? It's just not clear from the info I've seen, which just says something like 'you have a choice of two menus'. I'd been disappointed if we both had to choose from the same menu.

Thanks!

suffolk
reviews: 53
1. Re: Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

I'm not certain about Rangali but Kanthony will probably chip in.

Other islands, we've always had a choice of menu's and usually been allowed to mix and match. For example, I cannot eat mussels but love other seafood so will usually substitute that course from another menu.

John

Reading, England...
2. Re: Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

Thanks suffolk-john.

I was also wondering if they'd let you share a menu between two people. It seems unlikely, but given that the candlelight dinner seems to offer a mixed menu and everyone says there is too much food for one person on one menu, it would make sense to be able to share a mixed menu. But I'm guessing it's a financial rather than logical issue for the hotel! :-)

If anyone else can also help me I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

Ian.

P.S. I meant to say " I'd be disappointed..", not "I'd been disappointed.."!

bath england
reviews: 11
3. Re: Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

ask reception if they will do a BBQ/candlelight dinner for one, if they do just invite a friend to join you.

London, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

Hmm, but then you have crockery and cutlery for one. That's not romantic:)) can't say I'd be impressed If my hubby attempted that, (sorry).

Just ask if you can have dinner on the beach and share a menu, worst than can happen is they say no. However this is the polar opposite of having two different menus!

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 32
5. Re: Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

I had the beach dinner and no, you both had to choose the same menu. I remember that because my husband is a meat fan whereas I am more partial to seafood. There were different menus which are skewed towards either one and he had to compromise.

Reading, England...
6. Re: Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

Thanks all for your input, though now I am pretty disappointed that we have to have just one menu. I am in the same situation regarding preference, in that I don't like seafood but my wife does, so I was hoping to give her what she'd like (especially on our honeymoon!) and have something else myself.

Is anyone from the resort reading this? Any chance of changing/bending the rules, for what is (let's be honest) a pretty expensive event? I'm now seriously wondering if I should cancel my dinner booking.. :-(

Da Nang, Vietnam
reviews: 4
7. Re: Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

Hi Ian

Hello from Conrad Maldives! I've checked with our team and they're more than happy to mix the menus for you where one person has more seafood and the other more meat dishes.

Hope that helps and enjoy your trip!

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 32
8. Re: Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

I wish that was possible for us when I requested and got turned down! :(

9. Re: Beach dinners - same menu for both people?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, October 26, 2012