We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives & Spiders??

London
reviews: 13
Maldives & Spiders??

Have just read a review for Hilton Maldives (where I am staying in 6 weeks) which says that Beach bungalows are full of big spiders!!! now I'm not bothered by small UK house spiders but the thought of large palm sized tropical spiders is enough to make me start feeling queasy. We've booked a Deluxe Bech Bungalow.

Can anyone tell me (honestly) what to expect out there in the way of spiders, what sort of size and are they EVERYWHERE??? And if anyone is around from Hilton Maldives is it true about the beach bungalows or is this just an exaggeration?

I know I sound like a great big girl but I am one!!!!

Thanks for any help

Wales
reviews: 2
11. Re: Maldives & Spiders??

Only ever seen pretty large ants. I found them a bit freaky at the beginning but got used to them. On Fiha there were quite a few very large snails which only came out in the evenings. Not aproblem but just needed to be careful not step on them (path poorly lit) without shoes on lol

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
reviews: 2
12. Re: Maldives & Spiders??

I'm not joking but I did see a (moray) eel in the sea; thats the nearest to a snake! lol! but for the nervous they just scarper, nothing to worry about ... activegirl