We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A bit of advise please

Glasgow, Scotland
reviews: 1
A bit of advise please

We are going to Mirihi in two weeks time for our honeymoon, what should we take in the way of currency. I notice prices are in dollars and I have about $900 dollars in cash. Should I take dollar travellers cheques or sterling? whats the exchange rate like, can you exchange on the Island. Or should I just take more dollars. We are stopping over in Dubai for 5 days afterwards so will need some dirham as well, will we get a better rate in Dubai or should we get it in U.K. and again whats best to have dollar or sterling.

Hope you can offfer some advice

Cheers

Manchester, Uk.
reviews: 3
1. Re: A bit of advise please

Hi,

Firstly - you should have a fab time, Mirihi gets excellent ratings. Its on our wishlist!

You will, if you wish, be able to settle your final bill with a credit card, we always do this as its easier (Nationwide do one that doesnt charge for foreign transaction). Otherwise its best to have USD, either cash or travellers cheques.

Regards, Lisa.

Bromborough UK
2. Re: A bit of advise please

Hiya maryhillgull

First and foremost - Congratulations for your forthcoming wedding and honeymoon...

Having holidayed on Mirihi Island Resort for the last 2 years in succession, both with return stopovers in Dubai.

Our own views and opinions are we would not bother taking local currencies and travellers cheques etc... as USD are widely acceptable at both destinations.

On Mirihi, everything is charged to your Water Villa/Beach Villa, for settlement at the end of your stay by whatever means you choose.

We prefer to use Credit/Debit Card (as the previous post mentions) rather to taking vast amounts of cash and/or travellers cheques.

The USD we take, have in the main been used for tips on Mirihi for the excellent and impeccable services received from everyone with respect to all aspects of our stay.

You will have a fantastic honeymoon on Mirihi, believe us, it will by far exceed your wildest of dreams and expectations.

Pass our regards to everyone on Mirihi, as we have six months or so to wait before our next visit.

Regards

Eileen & Mike

3. Re: A bit of advise please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Southern Ari Atoll