We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

berjaya or laguna

Which Terengganu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
reviews: 3
berjaya or laguna

going with 2 kids, 3 years and 8 months old... which is better in terms of rooms and food? Read that location wise, berjaya is more private while laguna is nearer the reefs? Will prob try snorkelling with the 3 year old..he can't swim tho...will that be a problem?

many thanks in advance

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
1. Re: berjaya or laguna

Hi mamum, I have been to both resorts and prefer the Laguna Resort, the service and attentiveness of the staff. Comparing apple to apple in terms of room category, Laguna room are better and also the food, there is less crowd over here too.

laguna is also only 45 minutes from Merang by the resort ferry.

singapore
reviews: 3
2. Re: berjaya or laguna

ok thanks...will prob go with the laguna..have heard more positive things abt it than the berjaya..thanks mkiara

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 25
3. Re: berjaya or laguna

hi mamum. i just got back from berjaya redang beach last weekend. had with me my 3+ yr old and 10 month old baby. Have not stayed at Laguna but will be able to share with you my experience at berjaya, being a mum of two as well.

Plus point is the direct flight to berjaya redang island. and only a 5 minutes shuttle bus from airport to the berjaya beach resort. you can also go on this flight for other resorts on redang but you will have to go on a short boat ride to get to other side where laguna is.

berjaya beach is certainly more private as no other resort goers have access to this. it has it's own private jetty right at the front which makes it easy to walk to for going on island hopping trips.

our 3+ yr old was too scared to go snorkelling in the ocean during our island hopping where we just swam off and on from the boat; but our 10+ month old baby cried to get into the water with us! so we just strapped on a baby life jacket and he was happily kicking in the water whilst my husband and i took turns swimming. of course for this it is recommended that you and partner be strong swimmers. the 3 yr old may not be able to snorkle due to complexity of breathing thru snorkel but at short intervals he/she may be able to put his face down to see the fish. One tip is to bring a plastic bag of bread to feed the fish whilst you snorkel. it is an amazing sight during the feeding frenzy! hope this helps and hope you have fun!

KL Malaysia
reviews: 1
4. Re: berjaya or laguna

Cannot say anything about accommodation but some thoughts on snorkelling with children.

Snorkelling off the beach is better for children rather than off the boat. Believe that you can snorkel off the beach at Pasir Panjang which is good for children. Saw the snorkeing area there but did not snorkel there. Instead, we went to the marine park and snorkel off the beach with my 5-year old son, he loves it. Let him wear the floaties/life jacket so you do not have to worry.

But the place is chaotic in the morning and it seems bit false for a marine park due to the crowd. But it is really good....., colourful fish and corals (we also saw a baby shark as well), tho you keep thing about the impact of those crowds on the environment and the fishes (as they are used to being fed by people bringing bread). Best time to go there is early afternoon though very hot.

Essex
reviews: 26
5. Re: berjaya or laguna

Hi ms328

We are due to go to the Berjaya on 28th of this month, however due to some reports on this site I have asked about a change of hotel as there are some people saying the rooms are bad and the is building noise at the Berjaya...was this true when you were there...also is there anything around the hotel (Berjaya) i.e. villages etc. where you can get out to......The 'agent' has offered us Laguna but at a significant cost...which I guess we will pay if the Berjaya is as bad as some of the reports say...after all it is our one holiday this year...any comments?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
6. Re: berjaya or laguna

Hi mamum, you may have come across in travel magazines, that StarCruise will be making calls to Redang island.

With this piece of news, I am only concerned that Redang may be getting abit crowded.

It is SSVirgo, which if you have taken cruise on, is capable of housing 3,000 passengers on its 13 storeys (from waterline) vessel.

Singapore
7. Re: berjaya or laguna

Hey heartymac,

In fact when I went to their official sites, Laguna seems cheaper than Berjaya by quite a fair bit...Did yr agent get it mixed up?

I'll also be going to Redang with my 2 kids...girl 2.5 and boy 6 mths...but we'll be driving up fr S'pore...I really hope the kids will enjoy the long journey...will probably stopover @Kuantan for a night to see the turtles lay eggs...if they're still going there!!

Singapore
8. Re: berjaya or laguna

Hey heartymac,

In fact when I went to their official sites, Laguna seems cheaper than Berjaya by quite a fair bit...Did yr agent get it mixed up?

I'll also be going to Redang with my 2 kids...girl 2.5 and boy 6 mths...but we'll be driving up fr S'pore...I really hope the kids will enjoy the long journey...will probably stopover @Kuantan for a night to see the turtles lay eggs...if they're still going there!!

Kuala Lumpur...
9. Re: berjaya or laguna

Hi HeartyMac,

Sorry for the delayed reply. If this is still of any help, true Berjaya Beach is in the midst of constructing the last apartment style block on the hillside. I may have just been too caught up with the beach and water to really notice the construction.

BUT, then again, I was with 2 young kids, which usually on their own can drown out any other sounds, maybe even the construction! IF you were a couple on a romantic holiday, you will notice the construction sound disrupting the otherwise idyllic setting, especially when laying by the beach soaking the sun. But on another note, you may be well occupied with snorkelling and other activities (island hopping, etc.) to notice it too much.

Berjaya Beach has it's own private beach and is quite remote compared to if you were at Laguna, although there is one or two isolated cafe just outside the resort grounds. If you want to be able to walk from resort to resort, stop by local cafes and have some night life, then Laguna side (Pasir Panjang @ Long Beach) would be more lively in comparison.

Plus point of Berjaya, I personally found was the ability to fly direct from Subang airport (in KL/PJ) to Berjaya island with NO boat transfers at all. And if you have limited time, this would be the way to go. However, you can also go on the flights even if staying at other resorts.

And lastly price wise, as per the other posting, Laguna is cheaper than Berjaya Beach if compare their website..

Kuala Lumpur...
10. Re: berjaya or laguna

One other note, if you decide to go with Berjaya Beach, I would recommend the Hillside accomodation (unfortunately is next to the block under construction), but only because this is the newest accomodation type compared to the one on beach level, which I am sure most of the complaints on rooms are coming from. the 5-10 minutes walk from the hillside down to beach i considered was a good exercise, though the shuttle is available from the lobby...