We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

Which Kuching hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 29
Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

Hi,

we (2p.) plan to visit Bako NP in April for 1 full-day.

I'm doing research on this trip and others and wonder why there are almost no tour agencies offering a 1-day trip to Bako. Unfortunately the Sarawak Tourism Board page is not as good as the Sabah one. No agencies listed and the link to the only offer turns out to be out of order :-(

Could anyone help me and advise me a reliable tour operator which takes us to/back and guides all around ? Price should be not luxury as we are young travellers.

Read about the option to go there on our own but we would prefer a guided tour (group or private).

Thanks a lot for helping !

Edited: 2:36 pm, January 03, 2012
Malaysia
reviews: 15
1. Re: Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

Goto this link.

All info given on how to reach there and booking via online.

Why tour agency when the park provide all the needy. + guide???

www.sarawakforestry.com/htm/snp-np-bako.html

Young but not adventurous?At this era where every thing is soooo easy

Esp. with the internet

Cheer

Edited: 9:21 pm, January 03, 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
2. Re: Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

Thanks for your post leopang. I already checked the link as you posted it at an older topic before. Liked it because of all the general park information though doesn't seem to offer the "whole package". Rather for people who wish to stay overnight there and track around DIY.

Would still prefer a local tour operator and an organised guided tour from start to end. You don't know any in Kuching ?

Compared to the huge amount of good operators in KK I'm still hoping that there are at least a few ones in Kuching too.

Malaysia
reviews: 15
3. Re: Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

call Rakis 0148868059

Australia
4. Re: Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

Going all the way there have you considered a trip up river into the heartland of Sarawak to visit longhouses for a few nights?

South Australia
reviews: 104
5. Re: Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

We used these guys for the bako tour

http://www.cphtravel.com.my/

Main reason was because they supplied the airport transfer i found on the net but to be fair we were very happy with them and used them on a few tours. They provided a licenced/registered guide who collected us from hotel and took us on walks at bako.

price seemed very reasonable as well

Frankfurt, Germany
6. Re: Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

Thanks for the CPH link. I contacted them regarding an offer. After further search I read that Matahari Tours seems to be reliable too. They already sent me an offer (RM180pp). Waiting for the CPH offer now.

We plan some further activities like riverkayaking, Semengoh Wildlife Park and Annah Rais Longhouse. We prefer to do day trips as not really comfortable with staying in the jungle overnight. Trying to get a touch how living in a longhouse feels like.

And of course we will do some extensive food tasting in Kuching as well as go shopping :-)

Edited: 3:12 am, January 06, 2012
Australia
7. Re: Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

You can try http://interworldborneo.com/ also kuchingkayak.com has kayaking trips and combine it with a visit to semmengoh rehad center. Annah Rasi is not worth the effort to visit unless you want a taste of a bidayuh longhouse which has seen better times as a overrated tourist attraction.

Edited: 11:25 pm, January 06, 2012
South Australia
reviews: 104
8. Re: Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

We used CPH for the dolphin trip, semmengoh, cultural village as well as Bako. Would use again if we go back to Sarawak as we were very happy with them and apart from the dolphin trip we were the only persons in the car for the other three tours so was great being able to talk with the driver about their own lives etc. As it was hari raya just after we arrived in Kuching the inhouse tour company desk (catcity tours) at Pullman was closed.

CPH were the company providing the airport transfer service for "World airport transfer" who provided very reasonable cost transfers.

Sibu, Malaysia
9. Re: Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

e-mail to him, good license park guide in Bako:

Forest Lim at gogogo_vacation@hotmail.com

good luck to you.

Australia
10. Re: Bako Day Trip: Tour agency request

I forgot that you can also request for a guide at the Bako Terminal. The standard rate is RM90.00 for a day's guiding. You can call ahead to the terminal at 082-431336