We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a couple of queries

Which Kuching hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
a couple of queries

I regularly get sinus infections and wondered can you get anti biotics from the chemists in Sarawak and Sabah without a prescription?

I am flying from Sydney to KL to Kuching on Malaysian airlines. I have at least 4 hours transit in KL and wondered can I go to the lounge you pay to get into to kill the time or do I have to do the immigration/customs thing. I am not sure how the itnernational and domestic sections of the airport work.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
reviews: 56
1. Re: a couple of queries

You are better off bringing antibiotics with you along with the perscription/doctors letter. Maybe, you would end buying AB's that cause you to have a bad reaction. Stick with what you normally use.

Flying - as you are, presumably, flying all the way with Malaysian airlines, you will need to clear immigration in KL. You will also have to go thru Sarawak immigration when you arrive.

Not sure what you need to do about your bags, but I guess you collect them and then check in again at the domestic desks. Perhaps check with the airline.

Don't worry, you have plenty of time - I have done a transit with MAS in under 50 minutes.

sydney
2. Re: a couple of queries

Thank you for the information. I was just looking at how i could fill in the 4 hours and 20 minutes. I'm afraid that i am not particularly good at filling in time doing nothing but i assume there isn't anything to do in the domestic airport.

west australia perth
reviews: 43
3. Re: a couple of queries

I dont know much about chemists in Kuching but i would take my own along with a copy of the script.You need to take a small bus or tram from the international airport to the domestic terminal, this can get very busy so that can take some time. I spend most of my time at the nearest bar but then thats me.

Have fun, we Loved Kuching.

4. Re: a couple of queries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 17, 2010