We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinawan Beach BBQ

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bunbury, Australia
reviews: 4
Dinawan Beach BBQ

Our accommodation package in KK mentions "includes Dinawan Beach BBQ". Does anyone know what that is - is it on one of the snorkeling islands that I've already asked about?

Does that mean that you get taken there for free and can snorkel before the BBQ? or is it a more formal affair where you only go across for the bbq? Or is in in KK itself??

Cheers

Kota Kinabalu...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Dinawan Beach BBQ

Hi Ebony_ivory

Clearly that's a gap in my knowledge - have not heard of that place. My colleagues seem to think it sounds familiar, but nobody can actually say they've been there or where it is.

But usually, and I say usually, if they go 'Dinawan Beach BBQ' I would asume they'd take you there and feed you the BBQ with some time to do what you like. For instance, if you get the Manukan BBQ, it includes the transfers to the island and the BBQ.

Not my most useful post, I admit.

Bunbury, Australia
2. Re: Dinawan Beach BBQ

Hey Eastofwest

Thanks for the info anyway. Interesting that you haven't heard of it. I am so pedantic about planning things to the very last detail - have you already guessed that from my posts??? - that it'll be good to be FORCED to have one thing at least that'll be a "surprise"!! ;o)

Ta!

Kota Kinabalu...
3. Re: Dinawan Beach BBQ

Hehe Ebony_ivory

Careful what you wish for :o)

if I stumble upon info about Dinawan Beach, I will spoil the surprise for you ;o)

Brisbane Australia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Dinawan Beach BBQ

Hi.

Dinawan Beach is just offshore from the suburb/town of Kinarut, south of Kota Kinabalu.

If you are staying at the Langkah Syabas Resort they always include it in their accommodation packages from Australia, it's just offshore from the resort.

They have their own motor boat and take you out to the island for a BBQ.

No - it's not one of the snorkelling islands or anywhere near Mamutik, Manukan, Gaya or Sapi islands. These are great for snorkelling.

Bunbury, Australia
5. Re: Dinawan Beach BBQ

Thanks junglejim. We are staying at the Pacific Sutera and apparently this Dinawan Beach BBQ is included in our package deal.

Kota Kinabalu...
6. Re: Dinawan Beach BBQ

Ebony_ivory

I had lunch at the Langkah Syabas (spelling?) the other day, and apparently the owner also owns Fat Cat & Fat Cat II - boats which moors outside his resort, but also in the marina at Sutera Harbour, of which The Pacific Sutera is one of the hotels.

So chances are you'll cruise along the coast to that island, which I'm sure will be a great experience, using one of the Fat Cats. Sound like a great outing actually :o)

7. Re: Dinawan Beach BBQ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 25, 2009