We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For all TA KK experts, your advice if you can assist

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
reviews: 2
For all TA KK experts, your advice if you can assist

Let me just say that I have spent 3 days reading all the advice that everyone has given here and it is my opinion that there are some really generous people in these forums. The detail of the posts and replies, the effort that the local TA experts go to to answer questions is excellent. Well done to all these plus the 'average' traveller who makes these sites possible. I have used TA on many round the world trips and for a change I decided to book a holiday this morning (very late for me being that we depart on 3rd October) as a result of reading the many positive postings about Broneo, mainly Kota Kinabalu.

While this is very out of character for me to leave it this late my friend and I were just after a relaxing tropical holiday. Just to give you an idea we are staying at Nexus (another friend who is a travel agent got us a great deal). I realize it is 40minutes out of town but price was too good not to take it.

We are both two male Physical Education teachers (27 years old or young) and are quite into sports and outdoor recreation (hint chosen profession) and I was really after some info or feedback on the following things that I have been reading in the forum.

Shopping- even though we are guys we still like shopping after being to US, DVD's etc i imagine would be widely available. Are the Sunday markets a bit of everything or more technology items?

Snorkelling tours? What island is best, do we do it ourselves and look after our own transfers from city centre? prices vary i imagine. Ive seen alot about Sapi Island, is this the best pick.

Rafting, ive checked out the Borneo eco tours website and this seems pretty good. I would be interested to hear if there wasa better company, better being subjective of course. Kiulu rafting, not much said about it in posts.

Turtle Island- i assume nexus resort can organise trips but i get the impression it is cheaper to do it ourselves from the shopping centre? What do you think?

Night Life- Eastof West you recommended JUGS, we dont mind meeting other female travellers, just 2 nice Aussie guys who dont want to get smashed every night just have a good time in a new place. Anyone have any other recommendations.

Jet skis- Are there any tours of these or places to hire these around KK. Tried it once in Queensland and loved it, just thought it would be a good place to try.

I have seen another post with ATV adventures, do these leave from KK city centre, any one have any experiences with these companies. Prices or value for money?

I apologise for the length of this request but it dawned on me this morning that I have really taken a giant step outside my normal holiday routine, but maybe thats what i needed for this trip.

We are keen to do some bike rides, but i have note come across a company that rents bikes. Do they exist? If anyone has any other advice for the two of us please post some suggestions. THANKS in anticipation of your support.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
11. Re: For all TA KK experts, your advice if you can assist

bigw and other TA Forum users, try this website

http://www.borneotours.net/

for Borneo Eco Tours Sdn Bhd.

Cheers.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta
reviews: 79
12. Re: For all TA KK experts, your advice if you can assist

Not working either.

13. Re: For all TA KK experts, your advice if you can assist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 22, 2009