We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kota Belud and Mengkabong Village

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 28
Kota Belud and Mengkabong Village

hi, I am planning to drive from Kinabalu Park in the morning to Kota Belud. Spend half day there and then continue journey to Mengkabong Village in the afternoon.

Is this plan advisable or I should spend 1 day for one of the places only? Anything to see in both places?

Can I use Jalan Ranau bypass from Kinabalu Park to Kota Belud.

Thank you in advance.

zhiyun08

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
reviews: 81
1. Re: Kota Belud and Mengkabong Village

Kota Belud is a regional town an has not any more to offer than other regional towns. If you want to go to Mengakabong and visit a regional town, I suggest you look at Tuaran Town as it is much closer to Menkabong.

Like Kota Belud, it has a reasonable Sunday market. It has a a couple of Supermarkets, local shopping and a a lot of local restaurants and cafes. The is also a large Chinese Pagoda and a wet market.

2. Re: Kota Belud and Mengkabong Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 19, 2015