We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“ Recommended resorts near to Tanjung Puting NP? ”

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Formby
reviews: 7
“ Recommended resorts near to Tanjung Puting NP? ”

Hi

Hope someone can help! I am planning a trip staying possibly 3 nights Kuala Lumpur, 7 days Langkawi and then 7 days Borneo. I would love to see the orangutans in Tanjung Puting National Park. What resorts are in close traveling distance to the park? . I have been looking at hotels in Kota Kinabalu how far would I have to travel? Is the Tanjung Puting park safe for tourists ?

Sorry for my ignorance but would appreciate any help and advice

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 31
1. Re: “ Recommended resorts near to Tanjung Puting NP? ”

Hi Claire,

Your itinerary looks good. But Tanjung Puting, Indonesia very far from Kota Kinabalu. Please check on Google map to see where it was located. From KK you should take MASwings to Tarakan. Then take domestic airlines to Banjarmasin and another flight to Pangkalanbun. Its very tiring and Indonesians airliners are not reliable.

You should consider to see orangutan at Sepilok, Sandakan. Nearer to KK where you can take bus or flight.

Tafe

Formby
2. Re: “ Recommended resorts near to Tanjung Puting NP? ”

Hi Tafe

Thank you for your help and advice. I will certainly look into visiting Sepilok instead! Sorry that I have no idea of distances from one place to another! Glad that you think my itinerary looks good!

Appreciate all your help

Regards

Claire

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta
reviews: 79
3. Re: “ Recommended resorts near to Tanjung Puting NP? ”

Sepilok is near Sandakan and is over 300KM by road from Kota Kinabalu. To do it by bus you would need at least 2, if not 3 days, for the return trip. You can fly from Kota kinabalu to Sandakan but to do it in a day requires a a very early start and you will need to arrange transpot from Sandakan Airport to Sepilok which is about 20km away.

Have a look at the Orang U Tan at Rasa Ria which is a rm90 taxi fre from Kota Kinabalu or if you stay at the Shangri-la Rasa Ria adjacent to the resort. Have a look at all the information under Top Questions at the right of the page and extensive reviews at

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g2006071-d…

Edited: 4:26 pm, November 23, 2012
Formby
4. Re: “ Recommended resorts near to Tanjung Puting NP? ”

Thank you bigw for your advice. I was actually looking at the Shangri La Rasa! Still a little unsure though because I would prefare to see the orangutans in the wild thats why I thought Tanjung Puting would be great ! Aaah decisions!! No idea what to do!

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

Regards

Claire

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 31
5. Re: “ Recommended resorts near to Tanjung Puting NP? ”

Hi Claire,

I know you like orangutan in wild, not in captive. There is quite a number of resorts and B&Bs offer a full board 3days 2nights package for this.

In Sandakan

Myne Resort tripadvisor.com.my/Hotel_Review-g303997-d151…

Borneo Nature Lodge tripadvisor.com.my/Hotel_Review-g303997-d252…

In Kinabatangan

Sukau Rainforest Lodge tripadvisor.com.my/Hotel_Review-g2301902-d58…

Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge tripadvisor.com.my/Hotel_Review-g2301902-d65…

You will not only see orangutans, but pygmy elephant, prorbocis mknkey, crocodile etc etc.

Tafe

Formby
6. Re: “ Recommended resorts near to Tanjung Puting NP? ”

Hi Tafe

Thanks again I will certainly check out your links! I think I will have to research my trip further! Your recommendations sound great!

Very grateful for your help!

Regards

Claire

7. Re: “ Recommended resorts near to Tanjung Puting NP? ”

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 16, 2013