We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building work at rasa ria in november

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 2
Building work at rasa ria in november

just had e mail from hotel long term work starts in nov on ocean wing ,we are going in november ,hotel says we will not suffer any noise or disturbance ,any views from anyone lucie

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta
reviews: 79
1. Re: Building work at rasa ria in november

I would be pretty sure that al building works will be completed. When I was there in June they were at the final stages with some landscaping and finishing the Suites. There was no really noticable noise in June.

London, United...
2. Re: Building work at rasa ria in november

hi ,building work is on the ocean wing and is going to take a year to complete all details on hotel website lucie

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta
reviews: 79
3. Re: Building work at rasa ria in november

I did not know the extension to the Ocean Wing had started. It will be at the very southern end of the resort and will not worry you near the main poll, restaurants, bars, nature reserve or in the Garden Wing.

gloucestershire
reviews: 29
4. Re: Building work at rasa ria in november

we are due to stay in Ocean wing in november just when piling works begin. We are not happy especially being told of this 5 weeks before we arrive. Thay must have planned for this months ahead. I have asked a number of questions from the hotel. I dont fancy spending my holiday next to a building site.

I will send an update once I hear more.

London, United...
5. Re: Building work at rasa ria in november

hi .we are also there in nov and have been told the ocean wing will not be available as its near the new building works am now in garden wing have been assured by hotel we will not be disturbed but how much noise is the piling going to make ? have recieved a question and answer form from hotel,but am still worried ,did your travel company notify you or did you see it on my listing ? awaiting your update and will post if i hear anymore lucie

gloucestershire
reviews: 29
6. Re: Building work at rasa ria in november

Hi. We have stayed before and booked direct with hotel as we got a better deal. We had an email direct from them re works only yesterday. Ocean wing is fantastic but just hoping works could be delayed. I have sent them a list of queries re programme of works and times of piling. If this is all day every day it will be very noisey if using piling hammer but not so bad if just drilling piles. I am still hoping that works will not be right on top of ocean wing. It seems it will remain open but will see what they say.

Fact remains they must have known of this work when we booked it in April so feel very let down by them.

I will do another post once i know more.

wellingborough
reviews: 21
7. Re: Building work at rasa ria in november

We were booked into the garden wing next March but have been offered a change of hotel or cancel,we are going to cancel.Tour operator did not advise us we only became aware after visiting hotel website.Pretty shabby treatment by all concerned on this one !!!

Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 162
8. Re: Building work at rasa ria in november

We are booked for Garden wing at the end of December. Did you get the offer to cancel from the hotel or your travel agent? The website says that Garden Wing will not be affected. I haven't been on the property so I don't know about the distances between the Ocean wing work site and the Garden wing rooms.

wellingborough
reviews: 21
9. Re: Building work at rasa ria in november

Our tour operator offered,we have stayed at RR before and it will be quite a distance to the construction site,but we think the price we were paying we don't want to stay on a building site !!!

Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 162
10. Re: Building work at rasa ria in november

Thanks. I know - with these prices one wants perfection. I have to think about this. Where will you be staying instead - at the other Shangri-La perhaps?