We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private climbing guide?

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surfers Paradise...
Private climbing guide?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to find private guide for climbing Kota Kinabalu mountain? I would like to organize my own trip rather than buy package from tour-agency. Is this possible at all?

Thanks for help

KL
reviews: 39
1. Re: Private climbing guide?

What i understand is that when you register for the climb they will assign a guide for u. Please check with the park office.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
reviews: 53
2. Re: Private climbing guide?

The guides work for the park and are assigned to you on the morning you begin your climb. When I climbed it I don't think it was possible to do it totally independently, we had to book with an agency in KK to get a bed in Laban Rata resthouse on the mountain. This may have been because we booked at short notice, maybe if you book far enough in advance you can book Laban Rata yourself.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta
reviews: 76
3. Re: Private climbing guide?

Accomodation on the Mountain is all controlled by Sutera Sanctuaries so you have to book with them.

www.suteraharbour.com/v4/index.php…

The only other access is via travel agents who may have reserved places at Laban Rata etc.

As other have said you will be assiggned a guide before you start the climb. I don't think you have achoice as to who it will be.

You can find your own way to the starting point at the Park Headquarters but it is a 1 1/2 to 2 hour road trip from Kota Kinabalu.

You will find information on the climb at

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298307-d482160/Kota-…

and

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298307-i9429-k558…

Surfers Paradise...
4. Re: Private climbing guide?

Thanks everyone!

5. Re: Private climbing guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 20, 2013