We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
reviews: 12
Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

I am going to Tanjung in May and was wondering if there are any massage ladies on the beach near the Hotel. I know the hotel has a spa which by all accounts is great (not cheap though) so would like some info on other places nearby to go for massages so I can mix it up. Any info would be great.

BoardsPerth

Bendigo, Australia
reviews: 33
1. Re: Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

Good question BoardsPerth, I was wondering the same thing. I'm going in September & would like some info on this too.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
reviews: 66
2. Re: Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

Someone may prove me wrong, but I doubt you will find massage ladies on the beach. Its not Thailand or Bali.

Perth
3. Re: Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

Thanks for the info. Well Jimmel we can only hope that someone will come forward with stories of wonderful massages (somewhere). Thailand has plenty of massages available so will really miss it if I don't get my fix.

BoardsPerth

west australia perth
reviews: 43
4. Re: Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

G,DAY.

We were in KK last year and lots of young blokes were handing out fliers for massage services around the shopping malls, the security guards quickly sent them packing so i dont know if legit or not, but enjoy KK it is a great holiday spot.

Singapore
reviews: 1
5. Re: Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

This may not be the direct answer to your query but here are a few massage places you can refer to. There are many massage shops located in Centre Point mall in KK town. Do look at the shops located inside. Prices are competitive, eg. facial treatment or 1-hour body massage around RM40.

1) Jari Jari @ Tanjung Aru Plaza (1.5km from Shangri-la Tanjung Aru Resort)

http://www.jarijari.com.my/

2) Helen Beauty Reflex @ Centre Point & Warisan Plaza

Look out for the "leaflets". Promotional price could be as low as RM35 for 1-hour body massage

http://helenbeautyreflex.com/index-2.html

helenbeautyreflex.com/Body%20Package.htm

3) Japanese Shiatsu & Reflexology @ Wisma Merdeka (another mall in KK town). Recommended by a blogger who lives in KK.

…blogspot.com/2009/11/japanese-shiatsu-reflo…

Perth
6. Re: Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

Hi Staynaway

Thanks for the info. Not sure if blokes handing out fliers sounds like it is on the up and up. Could be wrong though. Got the names of a place that looks reputable from another forum user that is only 1.5 kms from where we are staying and prices on web look pretty good. Looking forward to the trip. As you have been to KK, any other tips for me on good tours etc. (not climbing Mt Kinabalu though)

Cheers,

BoardsPerth

Perth
7. Re: Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

Hi pAnDa-vic,

Thanks heaps for the names and websites of the massage places. The one near the Shangri-la Tanjung Resort looks pretty good and prices not bad either. NIce and close so don't have to travel too far. Looking forward to it.

BoardsPerth

west australia perth
reviews: 43
8. Re: Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

G,DAY.

We went on the river trip, you can get a boat from your hotel and go across to the islands, they have pretty good snorkeling,you hire the gear from the boat or over on the island. We went to the zoo, not big but different. The hotel organised a taxi for the day and we went to the war memorial in Kandusang and Mt Kinabalu national park, poring hot springs for the canopy walk and a few other things i wanted to see in that area. Paid $110AUS for a $8 bottle of wine at the hotel so stock up on your duty free and buy your beer in town, lots of shops.

London
9. Re: Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

We returned from T Aru last week. I was longing to find a nice massage place but could not find one within walking distance. Instead, we went into KK (15 MR each way, no tip required) which takes around 15 mins, and ask the taxi to drop you off on "The Waterfront". There are lots of bars and restaurants there, some of which looked quite nice and some of which look positively sleazy. On a sort of marquee, you will see a restaurant advertised called The Seafood Restaurant or Seafood Cafe or some such title, I can't remember which, and under the marquee itself is an open-air massage "parlour". (The cafe is the far side of the marquee on the promenade itself so you could eat there first or after if you wanted to). The owner is a chap called Roger who used to operate in the spa at Tanjung Rhu before leaving to open his own business. We had three massages there and each time we negotiated the price lower! There are double couches and, from memory, there were about 9 of them so it is slightly like a conveyer belt but I really enjoyed mine. Also, they speak quite good English so if it is too rough or too soft, you can just say so. Any other tips re Tanjung Rhu, feel free to ask.

Perth
10. Re: Any good cheap massage ladies near Shangri-la Tanjung Aru

Thanks Staynaway for the tour tips. Will sure to look into them.

BoardsPerth