We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in KK Borneo

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hants.
reviews: 1
Holiday in KK Borneo

Can anyone help me I want to go to Sabah next June. I am looking for a hotel with a lovely beach. Can you swim in the seas??? What is the weather like in June. Any hotel with a very large pool or more than one

UK
1. Re: Holiday in KK Borneo

June is dry season which means it could still rain but this certainly won't disrupt your holiday.

The beaches I saw on the mainland (around kota Kinabalu) aren't particularly spectacular, however the Shangri La Tanjung Aru has great swimming pools and a small nice beach. It is also opposite 5 islands (10 minute boat trip) that are part of a national park and have lovely beaches and great snorkelling.

Scotland
2. Re: Holiday in KK Borneo

Definitely recommend the Tanjung Aru - especially if you book a Horizon Club room which gives you complimentary breakfast, soft drinks all day, coffee and cakes in the afternoon and free drinks and canapes from 5 - 7pm. It's only 10 minutes from the airport and KK. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Geelong, Australia
reviews: 12
3. Re: Holiday in KK Borneo

I agree with the other posts! We have been to Shangri La Tanjung Aru seven times now...it's great!! Good for families, couples, singles. Even when it's full, it does not seem crowded...and only a few minutes from the airport. Close to town, it has everything.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
4. Re: Holiday in KK Borneo

I have stayed there and I think the Shangri la Rasa Ria is loads better. Beach is delightful and the place is just quite magical.

Kuching
reviews: 7
5. Re: Holiday in KK Borneo

Both Shangri La's have good beachs and are wonderful resorts. The beaches are very nice and the water nice, warm and clean. Not great visibility for snorkeling though because the sand gets stirred up a little.

Do a search on here for

"rasa ria" or "shangri" to read reviews.

You can view both hotels on

http://www.shangri-la.com/