We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KK Activities

Which Kota Kinabalu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne - AUS
reviews: 69
KK Activities

Does anyone know if there are facilities to go GO KARTING in Sabah. I was there last year and picked up a breshure and it had GO CARTING in it but I connot find it anywhere on the net.

I am heading back in August and would like to do it.

Ta

Kota Kinabalu...
reviews: 9
1. Re: KK Activities

Hi btandrmb

Yes, there is a go-karting track. It's a smidgen out of the way for the normal tourist, but I reckon for that reason possibly an even bigger adventure. The track is decent, quite long with enough winding bits and nice little straight to pick up the pace. But, I'm quite tall, but not that heavy, and the karts seemed to creak a little under my weight. I was whipped by the light-weight locals zooming past me like crazy.

It's located in Penampang, on the way to Bevery Hills. Famous landmarks nearby are the DHL shipment centre and the Wong Kwok Restaurant. Those two businesses mentioned together with Penampang (the neighbourhood) will tell any taxi driver where you want to go - even if they don't know about the go-karting per se.

I think a taxi there from one of the hotels in town might cost about RM30 one way and should take 20 minutes or less depending on traffic. You might want the taxi to either wait or come back when you're done as it's not exactly an area with too many random taxis passing by.

2. Re: KK Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 29, 2009