We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

firefly airline

Which Georgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zambia
reviews: 81
firefly airline

Am thinking of booking 2 flights with Firefly from Phuket to Penang and Penang to Langkawi. The flights are amazingly cheap, does anyone know if they bump them up with all sort of extras like charging for your suitcase etc?

Penang Island...
reviews: 93
1. Re: firefly airline

There are no hidden charges, but there are plenty of extra charges--you will see them as you book. E.g. Seat selection is more.

Flying Firefly is like riding a bus that takes to the air--it works, if cheap but nothing cool.

Edited: 8:44 am, February 12, 2013
London, United...
2. Re: firefly airline

Never say "its so cheap", they will put up the price!

I don't think FireFly charges for check-in luggage up to

15kg.

Anyway you pay cheap, as Shiendig said, there are hidden

charges, in the end its not cheap compare to a schedule airline

which are more reliable.

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
reviews: 43
3. Re: firefly airline

I have flown Firefly 4 times and found them to be reliable. Would not hesitate flying with them again.

Gaja

Geraldton, Australia
reviews: 30
4. Re: firefly airline

I booked Firefly flights from Kota Bahru to KL and then KL to Langkawi for August, worked out to be $15 AUD, plus $5 AUD to select a seat, and yes luggage is included. They were having a sale where you only pay taxes, for that price I don't really care if it is like 'riding a bus that takes to the air'!

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 103
5. Re: firefly airline

fireflyz is using ATR planes. yup the one with propellers at their wings. hence, looks like bus. no F&B but they do serves some juices and nuts.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
reviews: 206
6. Re: firefly airline

Having checked their prices a few times, I have never found really cheap fares!

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
reviews: 43
7. Re: firefly airline

One way of finding "cheap" fares is to subscribe to the airlines email newsletters.

Gaja

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 25
8. Re: firefly airline

Flew Firefly from Kuala Lumpur to Penang last November and enjoyed skipping the hassle of traffic to the main airport and at the airport. Was easy and on time and any extra costs were optional and apparent as I booked online. I had luggage for a 2 month trip that I didn't pay extra for.

Penang Island...
reviews: 93
9. Re: firefly airline

One more pro I can offer flying Firefly--there are far fewer procedures to clear before boarding the plane! I was pleasantly surprised ow relaxed the pace was strolling through Subang Airport and not the terminal and boarding the plane.

10. Re: firefly airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 17, 2014