We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from KLIA to Georgetown

Which Georgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tehran
Bus from KLIA to Georgetown

Hi

is there any bus going from KLIA to Georgetown?

if not, is it better(cheaper/faster) to go from KLIA to Puduraya then to Georgetown or from KLIA to Ipoh then Georgetown?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
reviews: 66
1. Re: Bus from KLIA to Georgetown

Most people who want to go to George Town from KLIA would fly. There is no direct bus.

Penang Island...
reviews: 93
2. Re: Bus from KLIA to Georgetown

Watch the budget airlines--they publish fares that make taking a bus ludicrous if you time it right:

Firefly

Jetstar

Air Asia

I particularly like Firefly because it flies out of Subang--a quieter airport than KLIA!

Penang Island...
3. Re: Bus from KLIA to Georgetown

Don recall there are bus to Ipoh from KLIA.

For bus, you will have to go to puduraya from KLIA, then puduraya to Penang(Georgetown).

I agree that take flight is more convenient

I recommend you to take Airasia then the other 2 budget airline as:

Jetstar (don think have flight from KL - PENANG)

Firefly (fly from subang airport, where it is quite a distance from KLIA, unless you depart form KL town, then it is nearer to go Subang airport).

For airasia you will have to go to LCCT airport form KLIA, there are shutter bus (i think it is free).

One thing is penang airport is not in town, you will have to take bus/cab to town. cab is quite pricey.

Same goes to bus from puduraya, not go to town as well, will have to take bus/cab to town

4. Re: Bus from KLIA to Georgetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 07, 2014