We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary dinner

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
reviews: 42
Anniversary dinner

Hubby and I are New Zealanders but we live in Sarawak, Malaysia. We are going to Penang beginning of March for the first time for our wedding anniversary.

We love the local food here and plan on trying out loads of local Penang food, but we would like to go somewhere special for our anniversary dinner.

Our top two picks would be Italian and Seafood, so would appreciate any suggestions.

We are staying at Campbell House in Georgetown.

North West England
reviews: 93
1. Re: Anniversary dinner

If you're staying at Campbell house you need look no further than their very own Italian restaurant. As hotel guests I am sure they will look after you splendidly. Enjoy

Penang, Malaysia
reviews: 24
2. Re: Anniversary dinner

If I was in NZ, I would not want to have our anniversary dinner at a Malaysian cuisine restaurant. None of the Japanese restaurant in Pg can match any jap restaurant in Japan... you know what I mean. If you enjoy local (Chinese) food, I suggest Chin's. You will love it. You get a harbour view and the ambience appropriate for the occasion. It is next to a western food place QEII but the food there is not as good. You should try the soup with the flame at Chin's.

Penang Island...
reviews: 93
3. Re: Anniversary dinner

Mirikiwi

I'd like to take a wild stab and recommend Spasso Milano's or Delicious at Straits Quay. Just the Marina at dusk with the luxurious yachts, the upmarket eateries, and the ease of finding Straits Quay for taxi drivers, might make this a lovely occasion for you.

Congratulations on your anniversary, and welcome to Penang (in advance!).

Louisville, Kentucky
reviews: 4
4. Re: Anniversary dinner

Qell Restaurant has great atmosphere, it is more like chic restaurant by the beach, they serve European cuisines but I mean the restaurant is quite romantic if you have table by the beach. You can look at restaurant by Strait Quay too, they have various restaurants and nightclub which are not bad but the price will be more expensive.

Another option is restaurant in Hotels in Batu Ferringhi like ParkRoyal or Golden Sand. They have great restaurants, food are fantastic but you have to reserve table in advance and you can also have them prepare special set up as well.

Cheers,

Mini M

Penang, Pulau...
reviews: 14
5. Re: Anniversary dinner

We got engaged at via pre on weld quay, just opposite QEII. Delicious Italian food. We are going back for our anniversary.

Kampot, Cambodia
reviews: 13
6. Re: Anniversary dinner

I would recommend Via Pre and if the second floor is open ask for a table al fresco. Romantic view and delicious food!

7. Re: Anniversary dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 12, 2014