We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop? Queensbay Mall or Sg Nibong?

Which Georgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Where to stop? Queensbay Mall or Sg Nibong?

Hi,

I will be taking the Aeroline bus to Penang from KL. Which is a better stop? Queensbay Mall or Sg Nibong Bus Terminal? In terms of ease of taking public transport.

I will be staying in CItitel Hotel. Thought of taking the public transport if possible as I heard many times that Penang taxi drivers do not follow meter.

Thank you.

Penang Island...
1. Re: Where to stop? Queensbay Mall or Sg Nibong?

cwss,

Stopping at Queensbay Mall will allow you to buy some snacks or coffee while waiting for the bus ;) The Aeroline office is located right in front of the bus stops and taxi stands. I'd suggest stopping here instead of the bus terminal. Less hassle.

The Sg. Nibong Bus Terminal can be chaotic sometimes so it really depends on you. Both stops have easy access to public transportation - pretty much, any RapidPG buses will take you to KOMTAR. Cititel Hotel is within walking distance. It'll be a 10-15 min walk (depending on how fact you walk, of course).

Most Penang taxi drivers still refuse to use the meters and usually charge around RM30-RM40 to drive to Cititel Hotel. Taking a bus will cost you not more than RM3

Georgetown, Malaysia
reviews: 2
2. Re: Where to stop? Queensbay Mall or Sg Nibong?

Queensbay is surely better. If you take a bus from Komtar to the bus terminal, the fastest journey takes at least 45 minutes, without traffic. But if you go to Queensbay instead, you can take either bus no. 307 or 401E, both of which uses the coastal highway, and the journey takes just around 20 minutes, saving you some time. The 2 buses I mentioned do not pass the bus terminal in Sg. Nibong.

Like Syreleena said, you can have your meal and rest in Queensbay . You can even do last minute shopping.

To get to Komtar from Cititel, you can walk, but if you don't prefer to walk, you can wait for the free Rapid Central Area Transit (CAT) bus. Just go to the bus stop across the road from your hotel.

Malaysia
3. Re: Where to stop? Queensbay Mall or Sg Nibong?

Thanks Syerleena_Rashid and AdrianChee

4. Re: Where to stop? Queensbay Mall or Sg Nibong?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 14, 2014