We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting around Georgetown and Penang Island

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
getting around Georgetown and Penang Island

Husband and I will be in G/T for 8 days. Is there a transit card for the bus system eg like Oyster Card in London or Octypus Card in HK? I notice there is a free bus service for the immedicate location of G/T and for Penang.

Also, is there a bus service from the airport to G/T? We are staying at the Bayview in G/T (not Batu Ferrengi) or should we just get a local taxi from the airport. I think the taxi is approx 40 mins. If there is a bus, how long will it take and how close is the bus stop to the Bayview?

Do you have a comment of cost of either?

thanks

Von on Tour

Brisbane, Australia
11. Re: getting around Georgetown and Penang Island

Wow! Thankyou all so much! We fly out tomorrow night (one more sleep) and then all of this great advice will be put into action

ciao

Von on Tou

12. Re: getting around Georgetown and Penang Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 14, 2013