We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver for hire for a day

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 61
Driver for hire for a day

Hi there

Just wondering if anybody knows of a reliable driver in Penang for hire. I noticed that some of the posts regarding this topic are quite dated so would like some more recent suggestions/tips on this. We are a family of 3 adults and 3 small kids and will be visiting Penang during the third week of August. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

Clueless

Penang
Destination Expert
for Penang Island
reviews: 1
11. Re: Driver for hire for a day

When is your travelling date to Penang?

Singapore, Singapore
12. Re: Driver for hire for a day

We just came back from a cruise to Penang and we hired Mogan for the afternoon. We are very happy with his service.

South Hampton
reviews: 92
13. Re: Driver for hire for a day

For Limousine/Transport Service for all your transportation needs. I recommend Muru 012-4688459. He is very professional and courteous.

Moscow, Russia
reviews: 57
14. Re: Driver for hire for a day

Just wanted to say thank you to all the people on this forum who recommended Mr. Mogan. We hired him for half a day of sightseeing and also for the drive to the airport. We were extremely happy with his services and I will contact him again on our next trip to Penang.

Pg
reviews: 62
15. Re: Driver for hire for a day

would appreciate to know the fare Mr. Mogan charge for the half day.

thanks

Moscow, Russia
reviews: 57
16. Re: Driver for hire for a day

Mr. Mogan charges 25 RM an hour, and has a minimum of 3 or 4 hours as far as I remember

Pg
reviews: 62
17. Re: Driver for hire for a day

Katrina ,

Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 30
18. Re: Driver for hire for a day

Morgan is great

25 ringgits an hour. We used him for airport pick-up and drop-off. He was reliable, a great fellow. His mobile: 0174031294 and email umogan@gmail.com

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
19. Re: Driver for hire for a day

Dear Clueless

I suggest that you approach Ocean Jupiter for your driver. We were in Penang on the 11/13 April and had one of their drivers for both days. They are very reliable wlth modern vehicles. The drivers are very knowledgeable and will be flexible in their tours. Cost for 11 hours hire was MKR330 (about AUD$110). We will continue to use them for all future trips there. C heck out their airport transfer costs as well.

Gary

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 50
20. Re: Driver for hire for a day

Hi! Reading all these posts with interest - I like the sound of Morgan and I am going to contact him regarding a day tour (family of 4). Just wondered where you both/all recommend as the 'priority' places that he could take us too.

I appreciate your help and apologies if this info is available in another post.

Jackie

Scotland, UK