We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations please for Penang...

Which Georgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 23
Hotel Recommendations please for Penang...

Hi, my husband and I are travelling to Penang for the first time in late Feb 2012 and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice hotel for our 3 day stay there. I would like a hotel that has a pool, nice room, good service and a buffet breakfast included in the price of the room if possible. Looking around the $90 to $100 AUD per night price range if possible. We fly into Penang International airport, so at this stage I am not sure how far anything is away in distance from the city as we only decided on the spur of the moment yesterday to fly to Penang. Obviously I don’t want a hotel or attractions that is too far out of the way, so any info or advice would be grateful. I have looked at a few hotels in the last 24 hrs and ParkRoyal looks ok but I’m not sure how far away from the city that is.

Thanks

Jackie

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
reviews: 47
21. Re: Hotel Recommendations please for Penang...

Hi Shazam7 ..how long ago was it when you stayed at the Golden Sands...for Rm 280....and its a long walk to the Parkroyal from there

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 2
22. Re: Hotel Recommendations please for Penang...

roostown, Air Asia Go is selling the Golden Sands for around 300rm per night. It's a great deal. It doesn't look far from the Park Royal...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
23. Re: Hotel Recommendations please for Penang...

Rm300 per night is a good deal ..grab it !!...appearance can be tricky ....having walked the strip every year for 19 years.. can tell you its a walk between the two

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 2
24. Re: Hotel Recommendations please for Penang...

I'll be there in a month, I'll see how long the walk is. It looks shorter than the walk from the Bayview Beach Resort LOL

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
25. Re: Hotel Recommendations please for Penang...

Bayview to the Parkroyal ...just a bit shorter than from Golden Sands to Parkroyal...either way enjoy Penang ..suggest you try the Long Beach Hawkers Centre and when leaving the Bayview as you round the bend heading towards the Parkroyal ..on the other side of the road is Happy Garden..both good places to eat for local tastes

North America
reviews: 34
26. Re: Hotel Recommendations please for Penang...

Hi Molly,

Here's another hotel to check out, even though it is a bit more than what you posted.

Check Lone Pine Hotel in BF: lonepinehotel.com/rates_&_reservations/rates

They have a promotional rate right now which is about AUD$135, includes

Daily Breakfast for 2 person at Bungalow

* One Japanese set dinner for 2 at Matsu (per booking/stay only)Special Promotion

* Complimentary minibar (replenished daily)

* Daily Fruit

* Choice of Local Newspaper (English, Malay or Chinese)

* Complimentary access to Gymnasium & Reading Room

* Welcome Cocktail & Cold Towel upon arrival

* Personalized Check-in

Check out their website. I believe they also have a shuttle between E&O Hotel in Georgetown and Lone Pine Hotel for guests. The hotel is beside Golden Sands, has a very good location. Check it out.

27. Re: Hotel Recommendations please for Penang...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, February 17, 2013