We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
reviews: 3
Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung and Staff.

I had a pair of Glasses made at Patrick shop the glasses are excellent and the sevice first class, Patrick and his Staff and also Gssilor the makers did a first class job.

I would certainly recommend a visit to them if you want glasses.

102 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
reviews: 62
81. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

hiya esor how u duin ??

as for patrick and his staff at vision first wouldnt go any where else sevice is top knotch with them

rock of patrick !!

Edited: 6:48 am, February 04, 2013
Queensland...
reviews: 31
82. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

After reading on TA about Vision First Optical Shop and Patrick Ung , my husband and I went to "check out" the shop and ended up buying 3 pairs of glasses, 2 pairs of multifocal and a single vision pair. The glasses were perfect and Patrick took great care to ensure the fit and focal position were correct . One pair that had to be posted arrived and were the correct fit and needed no adjustments. I would recommend Patrick and his team , for their attention to detail and great service. The cost was also great about a third of the cost of a similar pair in Australia.

Edited: 7:27 am, February 08, 2013
Witney, United...
reviews: 124
83. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

I concur with all the above!

Took in the far east last October which included Singapore, KL & Penang. On the back of TA reviews I emailed Patrick & his team before leaving the UK and had an immediate reply. Rang the shop after check-in at the Yeng Keng and was almost immediately collected by Patrick's son. Friendly reception by all at the shop, eyes tested and glasses selected (my partner was so impressed she also ordered a pair at the same time!)

With the famous carrot cake clutched safely we were driven back to our hotel by the family - Hi Mrs Ung & daughter, hope school is going well!!!!!

Patrick visited our hotel the night before we left for home, for final check & fitting.

All-in-all its not Specsavers, but what you get is an unparralled service coupled with a knowledgable optician who goes the extra mile for his customers - plus its pretty good value too!

ballarat
reviews: 3
84. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

wondering if anyone has contact details for Patrick.

thank you Allan

Nelson Bay...
Destination Expert
for Penang
reviews: 43
85. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Email: opticalserv@gmail.com

Tel: 6042628132

Net: www.vfoonline.com

Gaja

86. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, June 21, 2013

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 26
87. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Hi Peter3511,

You would be better served emailing Vision First directly to opticalserv@gmail.com

The TripAdvisor forums are a place for people to share their experiences, it's not actually an email or messaging service direct to the provider / business / site that is being reviewed or discussed. In addition, while we know Patrick does read comments on these forums periodically, due to the forum rules he actually could not reply to you via here anyway (as self promotion is prohibited).

Also, your details are now posted publically for the world to see, so you may want to consider removing your post unless you're happy for anyone reading this forum post to know your personal mobile number and email address. To remove your post you click on the "Report inappropriate content" button and follow the steps from there.

Hope this helps,

Lise & Sabrina

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
reviews: 50
88. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

agree with the above ..delete your personal info soonest

australia
reviews: 1
89. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

we went on September 9 2013for information about mutifocals for my husband JM we were explain but not push to buy, when decided we got a good deal....later on the glasses will be delivered directly to our hotel this is very convenient we were also offered a ride home and a nice moist carrot cake was later in the evening delivered to our hotel

the service at the shop was excellent full of information but not pushy. the service was behind our expectations... never seen before even in Thailand or Bali we strongly recommend this store there is also 1 year warranty but you need to send your glasses back so how do you managed? without them? I need to ask on delivery....Christine G.from Sydney

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 26
90. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Great to read of another positive experience at Vision First.

Quick note, if you were to need to use the warranty you would need to send your specs to Vision First, and while awaiting their return use an old pair. We've used the warranty once, we happened to be returning to Penang within the 12 months anyway, and while without the "new" glasses I just used an old pair for a couple of days.

We're counting the sleeps til we get back to Penang, Sabrina has her eyes on a lovely frame for a previously unplanned 3rd set of multi-focals from Vision First (as I bought 3 pairs in April I have been banned from looking at frames, so will satisfy myself with contacts).

Lise & Sabrina

Reply to: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted