We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Which Georgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
reviews: 3
Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung and Staff.

I had a pair of Glasses made at Patrick shop the glasses are excellent and the sevice first class, Patrick and his Staff and also Gssilor the makers did a first class job.

I would certainly recommend a visit to them if you want glasses.

102 replies to this topic
Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, Georgetown
reviews: 55
1. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Many of us on TA are part of Patrick & Stella's 'fan club'.

They do give fantastic service.

NSW
reviews: 20
2. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

I agree with you Catherine.My husband and I both had glasses done at Patricks in July and we are very happy to recommend him to anyone.We received such great service and the time that was put into taking care of our order was amazing...very thorough.They even delivered our glasses to us at our hotel at 9pm the night before we left.We were very impressed with the friendly and efficient service.

Melbourne,Australia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Hi....we are going to penang in September.Do you remember how long it took them to make the glasses? We will only be there 3-4 days.Thanks

norfolk
reviews: 30
4. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

we have had single vision specs made on the same day before now.

pam

Sydney
5. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Hi....We have to concur with all the comments made on this and other forums. Incedible service!

Whilst in Penang we Googled "Glasses in Penang" and Vision First and Patrick's name came back with glowing references. We decided to grab a cab and visit the store in Prangin Mall, Georgetown. Had difficulty finding them at first because we were in Mall A. Vision First is in Mall B across the road, on the ground floor. Patrick greeted us with enthusiasm and presented us with a nice cold drink whilst he discussed our requirements. Provided good sound advice and actually convinced us to choose cheaper more realistic options than we were intially considering. After free, fully professional eye tests and reassessment of our prescriptions, proper assessment, measurment and adjustment of the frames, more cool drinks and a freshly baked, moist carrot cake for us to take back to the hotel to enjoy, we ordered 1 pair of multifocal transition lens and frames plus 7 months of contact lenses, solutions, cleaning machine etc all for $AUD500! This all happenned at 9PM on Wednesday night. Patrick then offerred to drive us to dinner!

To top it all off, Patrick delivered the glasses and contact lenses to our hotel by midday Friday and made sure they were correctly adjusted and that we were totally happy with our purchases.

Truly incredible service.

Also we would highly recommend Maceys Tailors at Batu Ferringhi. Once again great deal, suits and shirts impeccably tailored and service, including going up the street to buy us a cold drink and lifts back to hotel because of the rain.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
reviews: 62
6. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

patricks my hero he,s made me single lens glasses in a couple of hours b4 now and always delivers to my hotel also replaced a chipped lens on my specs after 1 year free x

Australia
reviews: 21
7. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Guess what, here is another happy customer of Patrick and his staff at Vision First. We stayed at the Park Royal Hotel where Patrick comes and gives a fantastic service, a little piece of advice though is if you are short for time get in touch with Patrick as soon as you arrive or even before hand by email or phone, especicially if like us and it is around Public Holiday time. I was changing from transitional multifocal glasses to multifocal contact lenses (first time with contact lenses). Patrick was so patient, he brought the contacts over to me on the Friday (Thursday was a holiday) ensured that I was comfortable with the contacts in. He then returned around 10pm to assist me in the removal of the contacts and to teach me how to care for them. This was followed up by phone calls on the Saturday to confirm that I was able to put them in and remove them without assistance. We certainly would not get that treatment in Australia nor the UK. Patrick a great big thanks to you and your staff - keep up the great work.

brisbane
reviews: 2
8. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Yes - he really is amazing - I don't know how he finds time to sleep!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 22
9. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

Hey Laurie74,

From our experience with Patrick (which was awesome), and from information he gave us, you're looking at...

Straight forward, single vision lenses: up to one day

Single vision, high density lenses (ie. thinner ones): one day

Mutlifocal, Transitions Lenses: approx 3 days

We absolutely second, third, and fourth peoples' recommendations of Patrick and Stella and Co at Vision First.

Hope this helps,

Lise & Sabrina

Brisbane
reviews: 9
10. Re: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung

We have been using Patrick and vision first for 3 years.

First met Patrick when visiting malaysia after TA recommendation.

I have used vision first for all my husbands and my glasses since. His service is always spot on and replies to emails very quickly.

2 weeks ago we sent 2 pairs of broken frames, so we could use lenses Pat sent us 8 photos of possible frames, then another 6 when we could still wanted to see a few other options. All photos are very clear and show front on and side on, so really easy to get an idea what they will look like.

We choose 2 frames last week, they were sent the next morning and we got them this afternoon :))

They look great! Don't think we could have done a better selection if we had been in his store!

Thanks sooo much again Pat for your quick and professional service.

Chris looks great in his new specs ;)

cheers Kerry & Chris

Reply to: Vision First Optical Shop Prangin Mall Penang - Patrick Ung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted