We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Water Park is Best?

Which Penang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 37
Which Water Park is Best?

We will be in Penang in June and want to take the kids to a water park. I realise there are bigger and better ones elsewhere but we just want to spend a fun day out keeping cool. Our kids are 9 and 11. I'm just wondering which one is better. The Carnival or Bukit Mehra. They are both similar distance and price so I'm not concerned about that just which one is better. Neither website is that great so it's hard to pick. I'm not interested in the animal park at Bukit Mehra as we are heading to Sabah to see real wildlife so just the water parks.

Any advice will be helpful, thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
reviews: 51
1. Re: Which Water Park is Best?

Personal opinion ..but world suggest The Lost World of Tambum

Melbourne
2. Re: Which Water Park is Best?

I agree Lost World looks good but it is almost 2 hours away, too far. We are deciding between the two parks I mentioned. Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
3. Re: Which Water Park is Best?

In that case ,,,, the carnival ..

Melbourne
4. Re: Which Water Park is Best?

Any particular reason why you like this one better?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
5. Re: Which Water Park is Best?

it is closer to you .. less travel time

Melbourne
6. Re: Which Water Park is Best?

Thanks for your reply but I would prefer to know which one is better, they are of similar distance from Penang so that isn't a concern to me.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
7. Re: Which Water Park is Best?

yes agree there is only a few Ks difference between the two .. the longest part of the trip will be through Georgetown and over the bridge

Have been to both parks and in my opinion..Bukit Merah the best .. but take note it is closed on Tuesdays

The Carnivall is closed on Wednesdays ....last time I checked they (Carnivall ) do not open till 2pm on weekdays and open at 10am on weekends...

In both places ..they get crowded on weekends

Melbourne
8. Re: Which Water Park is Best?

Thankyou, that is helpful!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
9. Re: Which Water Park is Best?

you are most welcome

Perth, WA
reviews: 34
10. Re: Which Water Park is Best?

We have just been to Penang and in BF there is a waterpark opened. I think its called wet wild park. Its just in the ocean all blow up stuff looks fun for that age group if you have another spare day. I love butik merah water park. We have had so much fun there in the past. Never done the eco park but if you do go the urang utan centre is really good. Never been to other but your kids should love butik merah. Have great holiday!