We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

Which Penang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 13
Fishing

Can anyone tell me about fishing in Penang deep sea beach fishing or lake or river fishing prices n places if possible thanks in advance

13 replies to this topic
Penang Island...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Fishing

Hi

there is a guy who writes in the lcoal paper about fishing. Below is an article about one of his trips to Kuala Sepetang (about 2 hours south of Penang near Taiping).

thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp…

You may be able to email him for some tips.

There is a fair bit of rock fishing that is done along the Tanjung Bungah Batu Ferringhi stretch. Beach fishing is also common on the island.

Lake fishing is on the mainland. If you want a real trip try Lake Kenyir where you can try your luck fishing for the giant snakefish.

Here is a site that talks to Malaysian fishing generally

http://gofishingmalaysia.blogspot.com/

Just remember that the weather is hot, the sun strong and storms come from nowhere !!

Enjoy

Penang Island...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Fishing

Found what I was looking for about Lake Kenyir..... namely the home of the near mythical giant Kenyir Monster, the largest freshwater fish in the world:

thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp…

London, United...
3. Re: Fishing

Thank you

Penang Island...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Fishing

Kinda late reply. Anyway, for those who would like ta have a sneak peek on Penang fishing, can go to http://goldenson-penang.blogspot.com/ . The blog contents mostly is in Malay language.

To answer on the deepsea fishing, the range is between US$100/day trip to US$1000+. The are many places in Penang which still can land you up good catch with nice panorama view. I'm not sure if there is any specific guides for beach fishing but you can always asked those in fishing forums like kakipancing.net, etc.

london
reviews: 1
5. Re: Fishing

Hi

Did you get to go fishing in Penang?

I'm out there in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Ian

London, United...
6. Re: Fishing

No we didn't sorry there were places on the island that did it but was to expensive for the 2 of us also we were told that it not that great there for fishing

Penang Island...
reviews: 99
7. Re: Fishing

The tourist board has just put out a leaflet called Penang Angler's Paradise. 8 different options are listed from a half day from RM190 (min 2 people) to 3 days and 2 nights on board a fishing boat. Prices are valid until Dec 2014. 10 participating travel agents, who you need to book through, are listed. If you need further information PM me with where you are staying and I can tell you which is your nearest travel agent to book with.

London, United...
8. Re: Fishing

Thanks but we are home now maybe next year thanks again

Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: Fishing

Hi can i know the link for this penang paradise anglers...

Singapore, Singapore
10. Re: Fishing

Hi can i know the link for this penang paradise anglers where i can view the prices....

Reply to: Fishing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted