We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any feedback: Copthorne Orchid Penang?

Which Penang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 31
Any feedback: Copthorne Orchid Penang?

Dear All

There is a sale on room rates for the Copthorne Orchid Penang. Really low.

Can anyone provide feedback on the hotel?

My own research has gotten me ratings of 3-4 star, and "very inconvenient location."

My plan is to stay for 3-4 nights only, 2 adults + 2 small kids.

Kuching
reviews: 7
1. Re: Any feedback: Copthorne Orchid Penang?

The location is actually pretty good for someone on a vacation perhaps not so good for businessmen. It’s right by the main beach area and several other large hotels. There are numerous eateries and some great shopping within walking distance. It is on the other side of the island from the airport but fairly close to Georgetown and the bridge. The rooms themselves I have found to be wonderful. They seem to remodel or redecorate fairly often so you don’t have the dated or worn look of other hotels. The rooms I have gotten also have been exceptionally clean. Perhaps the only drawback is that I felt the room was perhaps a bit small, not uncomfortably so though. The hotel also has a lounge where they often have live music that is pretty decent. The beach area is clean and the water calm although not super clear water, not dirty just a bit of sand floating around in it. Its about as nice a beach as you can get in Penang.

I have had wonderful experiences with Copthorne hotels in Malaysia and Singapore and wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone. As you mentioned they also have great sales. Good luck.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 39
2. Re: Any feedback: Copthorne Orchid Penang?

i read that this is a ' modern hillside hotel'. saw it as we went past on the bus to batu ferringhi.

could see that there was a long driveway up to the hotel. the hotel is not in a touristy area meaning no shops or restaurants nearby. i think you'd have to catch a bus to BF or back towards georgetown for food etc. this is not a convenient location with 2 small kids.

i find the road approaching BF to be quite a winding road. great views to be had here but not so good if you have a fast bus/car driver and a person like me who is not too good travelling on these types of roads.

happy travels.

Malaysia
reviews: 19
3. Re: Any feedback: Copthorne Orchid Penang?

I don't quite fancy the Grand Coptorne as I found the rooms to be rather small. Also, it's located at Tanjung Bungah and not on Batu Ferringhi, where the stretch of beaches are lovelier. My family's personal favorite is the Bayview Beach where they have family rooms, outdoor jacuzzi pool and a nice kids club. If you plan to be out most of the time to explore the city, then you may want to opt for hotels in the town or along Gurney Drive. The Gurney is also a nice hotel with indoor pool and "beach," where your kids will enjoy.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 31
4. Re: Any feedback: Copthorne Orchid Penang?

Thank you all.

The sale price for next week is US$35 (before tax) per night for a standard 2-single bed room (kids free).