We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Pangkor Laut now?

Which Pangkor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asia
reviews: 41
Weather in Pangkor Laut now?

Hi,

We are deciding between PLR and Tanjong Jara.

I'm actually more inclined to PLR but am worried about the rain as it's monsoon season on the west coast of Peninsula Malaysia, but I have heard that the winds kinda blow the rain away, so even during the rainy season it doesn't really get much rain - is that true?

Another concern is the haze/smog from the forest fires in Sumatra. I don't really want to go there and be stuck in the room with my toddler all day because the air quality would be so bad...

Can anyone help?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
reviews: 74
1. Re: Weather in Pangkor Laut now?

There is this misconception that monsoon = rainy season. A monsoon is a wind, it doesn't necessarily mean rain.

The south west monsoon is from May to September is a dry wind that blows from Sumatera to the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia. It is not a "rainy season". In fact June and July tend to have slightly less rain than other months in the year due to the SW monsoon.

eldoradocountyweather.com/climate/malaysia/K…

backpackingasia.com/Location/…193

Asia
reviews: 41
2. Re: Weather in Pangkor Laut now?

Thank you for your reply! It doesn't look as though there'll be much rain! :-)

How is the situation with the haze from the forest fires in Sumatra? A friend was in KL a week and a half ago and said that it was very hazy.foggy/cloudy.

In the papers in Singapore, it said recently that it's (the haze) going to get worse. I have never been to KL (or the west coast of Malaysia) in July, so how is the situation there with the forest fires in general? Most of the time, we do have photos of the situation in KL - where it seems to be quite bad, in general - but those photos could just have been taken on one particularly bad day of the month...?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
reviews: 74
3. Re: Weather in Pangkor Laut now?

There's always rain when visiting Malaysia anytime of the year. Just sometimes less and sometimes more. Fact of life living in the tropics.

Yes, the haze was pretty bad last week in KL. This week it has improved. There's even blue skies as I look out of my window now.

4. Re: Weather in Pangkor Laut now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 24, 2013