We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taiping, Ipoh area

Which Ipoh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 5
Taiping, Ipoh area

Back in the 50s my husband did his National Service in Malaysia based in Taiping.

I want to organise a trip to Malaysia to revisit this area (and Singapour).

Does anyone have any idea on

1) Place to stay in or near Taiping?

2) Particular place to visit near there?

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
reviews: 56
1. Re: Taiping, Ipoh area

Taiping is a small town with a few interesting places to visit - The Museum, Lake Gardens, Maxwell Hill (Bukit Larut) and the Zoo.

The town has changed significantly over the years - your husband will hardly recognise the place.

As one of the wettest places in Malaysia, it is interesting to watch the old men places bets as to what time the rain will start - they use the town clock as a 'judge'.

Taiping Resort: One of the better hotels in the area, located within Taiping Golf Club.

Legend Inn: Nice small hotel in town center - rooms are not new but still OK.

Hotel Seri Malaysia: about 5km from the town center ..... on the edge of the Lake Gardens.

Hotel Furama (also has a sister hotel) - OK location within walking distance of food courts etc..

Hotels - search results tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g670111-Taiping_Per…

This is the search result for Taiping

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping,_Perak

If you google Taiping, you will find lots of info.

Paris, France
reviews: 17
2. Re: Taiping, Ipoh area

Hi, best rent a car when you are there, very hard to get around without a car and cabs or non-existent.

I would recommend the Hotel Flemington by the Lake gardens (http://www.flemingtonhotel.com.my/about.htm). Its probably the one and only nice hotels in Taiping with lake views, great location away from the smoggy town centre.

Places to visit in and around taiping:

-Taiping lake gardens, zoo & night safari. Maxwell Hill or bukit larut, Old schools and all saints church, Larut matang administrative Victorian building, Perak State Museum, burmese pool and maxwell Hill waterfall.

Not too far away:

Kuala Kangsar, Bukit Merah orang utan sanctuary, Kuala sepetang mangrove and forest reserve, Ipoh, cameron highlands, Penang. Kindly take a look at this post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293951-i7006-k355…

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 113
3. Re: Taiping, Ipoh area

Flemington is th best hotel (so far) in taiping.

near to most of places in taiping.

4. Re: Taiping, Ipoh area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 14, 2010